𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. BIZARRE REQUEST

AN AUDIBLE thunk sound could be heard when Mina dropped her head on her desk rather dramatically, causing her friends to glance at her. The lights were off and the only sources of light in the room were their computer screens and the moonlight peeking through the windows.

"I think I'm gonna have to work another late night shift today...", she mumbled against the desk dejectedly, just barely being heard by her brunette friend who was sitting beside her and genuinely worried for her sanity at this point.

"There, there..." Uraraka patted her on the back. Mina was usually the most cheerful one in the group who always helped to brighten things up. But even she had her moments where she was nearly at her breaking point from so much pressure. This concerned the others whenever it happened, but no matter how much they tried, they never really knew what to do or say to put her at ease.

The brunette's attempt in comforting her didn't seem to work though, as made proven by when Mina suddenly jolted up and threw her head on the back of her office chair instead, letting out a wail that made all heads turn to her in concern. "Ahh, how am I gonna get all of this done?!", she whined to the ceiling as if that could make things any better.

Shinso had somehow managed to overhear, which was surprising because it was almost impossible to distract him when he was busy being absorbed in his work, and took his eyes off his computer screen for a second to shoot Mina a look. "Stop overexaggerating and just get to work. I can't focus because of you."

However, she proceeded to ignore him and carried on with her rant. "Adulthood freaking sucks! Curse our boss for giving us so much work!"

Now that had gained Momo's attention.

"Hey, don't blame Todoroki for your problems.", Momo crossed her arms and lectured, feeling overly defensive from the mention of Todoroki for some reason. She had decided on visiting her coworkers to check on them and see how they were doing, but ended up being witness to an on edge Mina and the others trying and failing to make her feel better. After knowing them for a while, she had actually found herself wondering before if they ever lost their energy, and well... this was the answer to just that.

Mina just groaned even more childishly. "You're just defending him because you're the only one who actually gets his favor!"

The raven haired girl started to blush out of mere embarrassment at that, and she was sure the others could see her face beet red even in the dark lighting. She opened and closed her mouth repeatedly in an attempt to say something in retaliation, but nothing managed to come out. Uraraka sighed, resisting the urge to scold Mina but having decided not to as this was definitely not the time.

"Don't worry, Momo, she's just like this when she's stressed." She reassured her friend with a clearly forced smile, turning back to Mina wearily. "Okay, how about I help you finish your work for tonight, Mina?", Ochaco offered unwillingly, knowing someone was going to have to do it anyway. She had just finished her shift and was dying to get home so she could finally get some rest, but Mina had helped her countless times when she was on the brink of sanity and this served as an opportunity to pay her back for it.