𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. PROMISE

THERE WAS simply no way.

No way in hell was she going to let him leave for three whole years after everything they'd been through, and especially with not even a word to her after that talk they had outside the restaurant. Three years was... much too long. What would she even do without him for that long? What would he do, all by himself in a whole different country? And the way he was leaving the day after their argument only made her gut twist into knots. Momo couldn't bear to lose him again.

She wasn't going to let him.

Dizzier than ever, Momo hastily looked from her phone to the busy street in search of a cab, the ringing of her phone where she dialed Todoroki reverberating in her ears all too loudly. Her breath caught in her throat when the line disconnected, leaving only a voice prompt in its place.

"The person you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after the tone..."

Just when she was about to be consumed further by her own racing mind, a text message from Mina flashed before her eyes, notifying her of the airport he was at as well as vigorous words of support. Momo had no time to think as she hailed a cab and rushed inside, struggling to catch her breath.

The driver sped off towards her destination, and without a second's hesitation she proceeded to call Todoroki again with trembling fingers as she prayed to the heavens.

"The person you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after the tone..."

He wasn't picking up. Her grip on the phone only tightened in silent resolve.

She called him once more.

"The person you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after the tone..."

Her heart sank deeper in her chest.

"He won't pick up. Why isn't he picking up...?" She murmured, panic coursing through her veins when she realized there was no reaching him, the silence on the other end a painful reminder that he was slipping away from her. Was he ignoring her? Was he already on the plane? Would he really leave without even saying goodbye?

The pain in his eyes when she was adamant to push him away. His shaky breaths and the cracks in his voice. She remembered it all so vividly that she couldn't even sleep a wink that night. Momo knew she was the only one who could bring out such a state in him and the only one to make things right.

What if she really lost him this time? What if he left without knowing how much she needed him?

A sickening feeling churned in her stomach but Momo couldn't afford to let these thoughts cripple her. She had to find him, no matter what it took.