𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. FATE

"AH, I'LL have to look into Todoroki's schedule to see if we can make time for a meeting. Mhm. Thank you for working with us."

Momo dropped the telephone with a soft sigh, seated at her desk in the pristine office, a stack of documents awaiting her attention. The morning sunlight streamed in through the curtains, radiating a warm glow in the room. Rustling of papers could be heard as she silently flipped through them, reviewing contracts, schedules, and emails.

Her thoughts, however, were far from the tasks at hand. The encounter with Fuyumi yesterday had left her with a whirlwind of doubt that she struggled to make sense of. Everything seemed blurry and she couldn't come to a proper conclusion with the jumble of conflicting feelings in her mind as she organized the paperwork.

Those reassuring words from Fuyumi had her uncertainty wearing off, slowly but surely. She felt a weight lifted from her shoulders, a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, she could find a way to bridge the gap between her and Todoroki as his sister had said.

But doubt still gnawed at her. Could she actually be the one to bring peace to his life? Her fingers paused over the keyboard as she lost herself in thought. She couldn't help but replay the conversation with Fuyumi in her mind. As much as she tried, her lack of confidence wouldn't allow her to believe it. He did everything for her and she could barely even pay it back.

She loved Todoroki. That was made awfully clear in her impulsive actions. She had seen the pain in his eyes, the scars of his past. It made her want to keep him close. Yet because of her own self consciousness she ended up doing all the wrong things, pushing him away. Endeavor's threats definitely didn't make things any better.

Momo didn't want to keep her head low any longer.

She dropped her pen back on the desk with a gentle thud, grabbed her coat and stood up. Everything seemed to be spinning because of how dizzy she was from all this. Until how long was she going to keep restlessly occupying herself with work to distract herself? She needed to catch a breath.

And so, with a silent decision being made, Momo now walked down the hall, passing the door of Todoroki's vacant office along the way. It only fueled the rush of adrenaline coursing through her. He was supposed to be returning any moment now. Maybe she could run into him at the entrance by mere chance.

The thought of him smiling at her made her heart slightly skip a beat as she reached the lobby, her heels pounding against the marble floor. Then she stopped.

Surrounded by intimidatingly tall men in suits, there in front of her was unmistakably him.

Enji narrowed his eyes when he noticed her, surveying. Her mind instantly went blank and all she could do was offer him a small bow, her expression as hard as stone as she carefully avoided his intense stare, hoping to end it there. But before Momo could even make a move to leave, he cut in,