𝐱𝐢𝐱. COLD, EMPTY WORLD

TODOROKI CLICKED his pen repeatedly, staring with an intense look at the paperwork on his desk like he had been doing for the past seven whole minutes. Though it wasn't like his attention was actually on those papers anyway.

Yet again, Todoroki had fallen into the same occurrence where he seemed like he was professionally working, but all that was running through his mind was her.

It wasn't exactly a good look for a CEO like him to be distracting himself, he knew that. He was known to be a strictly professional man, and after he inherited Todoroki Corporation, all he knew was work. Well, until he met Momo again, that is.

Being in love was confusing, and that was what frustrated him the most about it. If you were to tell him a few months prior that he would willingly neglect his work in favor of occupying his mind with thoughts of a woman, he would call you absurd. Not once did he ever think he was going to set aside his work just to think about that mesmerizing smile of hers.

As much as it baffled him, he didn't quite mind it. The way the corners of her peachy lips turned up at something he did or said was always enough to fill him with an undeniable sense of pride. He smiled at the mere thought of it, and leaned back in his office chair, getting himself comfortable.

Her words from that night hadn't left him since. Todoroki never bothered to open up about his past to anyone, knowing that they would only back away once they knew how messed up and broken he really was. Although he didn't expect her to be the same, he was still surprised when she hugged him, even crying for him.

No one had ever treated him like that. People always kept their distance from him, deeming him too intimidating; leaving him to a cold, empty world where he only had himself. And for the longest time, he thought he was fine with that. Before she came in and filled him with a warmth he never knew he could feel.

Her tenderness and care reminded him of his mother and somehow made him fall in love with her all over again. Somehow she always knew how to comfort him, even if she didn't know that fact herself.

He wanted to see her.

"What excuse should I make to see her this time...?", he mumbled to himself absentmindedly, putting a wrist under his chin in thought.

The three months he had given her were about to pass and their little deal was coming to an end soon, unless she agreed to marry him by then. Until then, he wanted to spend as much time with her as possible to make sure she would accept his proposal. Maybe he could ask her to bring him a file. Or he could schedule another date. Or maybe...

The sound of a knock on the door broke the silence.

"Come in." Todoroki spoke without really thinking it through, still debating ideas in his head and lost in thought. He could hear the door gently opening.