𝐱𝐯𝐢. ONCE UPON A TIME

THE RAVEN haired girl drew in a deep breath, sensing her heart racing in her chest. It was her first day of high school, which meant new faces, and new experiences. It was almost impossible not to be nervous on such an occasion.

Her fingers clutched the straps of her backpack tighter, feeling rather strange in her new school uniform. She had no idea what to expect. All her worries were rushing together, but she tried to ease herself after she recollected how restlessly her parents worked to save up for her, all so that she could get the best possible education.

Right. Her parents. She loved them more than anything, and no matter how anxious she was feeling, she wouldn't let their efforts go to waste.

With a sudden glint of determination in her gaze, Momo took a step into her new classroom.

Numerous thoughts were running through her mind nonstop. But they were silenced when in that split second, her eyes fell on a boy. A boy with strange red and white dual toned hair, sitting in the back with his own company amidst the conversing of students. Even from afar she caught his unique set of heterochromatic eyes.

"Momo Yaoyorozu, isn't it?" The voice of the teacher pulled her out of her trance. She nodded meekly, her high ponytail bouncing in the act. The man adjusted his glasses and checked over a sheet of paper. "Your assigned seat is that empty one in the back. Go ahead."

Gulping, Momo pushed herself forward and made her way over to her seat, noticing that it was right beside the boy who had caught her attention just a moment ago. It all seemed to happen in slow motion, but in the blink of an eye, she was sitting at her desk.

She glanced at her new supposed seatmate. From up close, she could see his eyes even clearer than before, and he had a beautiful case of heterochromia. One side was an icy shade of turquoise, reminiscent of a deep swirling ocean. The other was a more dull gray, reminding her of the sky on a calm rainy day. They contrasted one another, making her more curious as to what kind of person this boy could be.

While the room was filled with chattering from everyone socializing and getting to know each other, he was quietly studying by himself. She watched the way his eyes scanned through the pages of his book, and was lost in them, feeling her worries wash away somehow.

He glanced at her, taking her by surprise. She froze under his sharp gaze, not knowing what to say or do.

Then he raised a brow, as if to ask why she had been staring at him for the past three minutes. She immediately looked away from him and felt her cheeks reddening in shame. First day of high school and she already ended up embarrassing herself. Not so much of a good look on her part, given that she planned to keep a good reputation beforehand. But she was going to have to pull through and hope for the best.