𝐯𝐢𝐢. CITY LIGHTS

THE CHILLY breeze sent goosebumps on her rosy skin as Momo stepped out of the car into the bustling city.

The area was unfamiliar to her, seemingly a place where most wealthy people resided judging by the pricey clothes and expensive cologne she could smell from a mile away. There were fancy restaurants and famous stores she had heard about situated there too, which peaked Momo's curiosity even further.

Todoroki simply took the initiative to walk forwards, the raven haired girl following pursuit beside him. She still wanted to ask many things, but decided to set her questions aside for now as she nervously glanced around her surroundings.

A shiny white lamborghini drove across the road right beside her and Momo couldn't help but gape at the sight. She had seen rich people before, but holy cow she was sure she would end up passing out before they even reached their destination.

"This place is... quite nice, isn't it?", Momo lied just for the sake of starting a conversation with the person she was technically supposed to be on a date with.

When she looked over to him, he had a blank and unamused face, eyes fixed on what was in front of him. "Really? You look like you've just seen a ghost."

Momo awkwardly cleared her throat, barely managing to hide the embarrassed blush that painted her features.

"That's not true.", she defended herself poorly, knowing very well that no one would be able to believe her when her face was as white as a sheet. Nonetheless, it was worth a try. "This area is quite new to me, that's all there is to it."

As expected, Todoroki looked unconvinced. The raven haired girl sighed in defeat.

"It's fine, I don't like this place too anyway." He stated bluntly, scanning his surroundings with a look of disgust as he fixed his tie.

She raised a brow, intrigued. "Hm? Why is that?"

"Too much obnoxious people.", was all he said with a discernible scowl.

Momo was about to open her mouth to respond just when a businessman came running to where she was stood.

Before he could bump into her and cause any sort of minor injury, Todoroki grabbed her shoulders and pushed her away. She let out a shaky breath of relief.

"Sorry, I'm in a rush!" The man shouted frantically as he ran further into the distance, and soon he was gone from their line of sight.

"At least watch where you're going.", Todoroki muttered angrily under his breath. He brought his gaze to the raven haired girl standing close to him, his hands still holding her shoulders protectively, heterochromatic eyes eerily cold.