𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. A HOT MESS― PART TWO

MOMO FIGURES Kyoka had just wanted an excuse to mess around at the arcade for a chance to unwind, watching as she let out a villainous cackle after beating her boyfriend at a car-racing game again. Todoroki sighed and resisted the urge to slam the machine, seriously miffed as he stared hard at the screen as if that would somehow make his wrecked digital car come back to life after crashing into the side of the road in a fateful turn of events.

"Now, are you gonna ask for another rematch," Kyoka had a lopsided grin on her face, turned to him with her side propped up against the machine. In all truth, she was having fun, which, by her definition fun meaning getting to cripple Todoroki at every single game they touched and watching his confidence slowly deteriorate. He, on the other hand, didn't seem to be having any of it. "or are you finally gonna accept your royal defeat to me?"

He simply shoved another coin in the slot, eyes fixed on the screen, blazing with one purpose as the game started up again and illuminated his dead-set expression. He's always been a relentless one- he'd stop at nothing before getting what he wanted.

Kyoka huffed, lips easing into a smirk with her hands already on the controls.

In the count of three, the race had begun. The atmosphere was suddenly charged with a tenacity that Momo could've sworn wasn't there before as they both furiously steered their vehicles along the obstacles in the digital track, her unsure of where to even look. All while the teenagers around them absorbed in their respective brain-rotting coin-operated games, much more experienced than the actual adults themselves, sent judgmental looks their way. Quite a spectacle to behold.

As the race progressed, it seemed as though Kyoka's victory was already set in stone, leaving Todoroki in the dust as she surged ahead. But just as it seemed inevitable, he suddenly picked up his pace, pushing the controls to their limit, and barely managed to get past her on the finishing line.

He won.

He really did.

"Last minute redemption, huh? Not bad," Kyoka leaned back in her seat with a hum of acknowledgement.

With his eyes widened ever so slightly, he looked back at Momo out of mere instinct. She smiled widely, raising her hand to give him an approving thumbs up. His expression lit up in the blink of an eye.

It was his first time at an arcade, to no one's surprise. He had always heard of them especially throughout high school, but never bothered with the knowledge of their existence, antisocial and way too wrapped up in his studies.

Todoroki, CEO and shareholder of several other companies, deemed a young prodigy by many in the business department for his sheer wit, who was initially confident that a bunch of games designed for teens would be a cakewalk, was forced to watch in something akin to horror as he somehow managed to lose to the claw machine for the eighth time. A tragedy.