𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. HER DECISION

HAND RESTING on the doorknob for a brief moment, Momo breathed in deeply as an unsuccessful attempt to ease her rising nerves.

She had to keep her guard up. She couldn't allow herself to show any form of weakness once she stepped into that room. And that included fear.

Trying to ignore the battle of thoughts that ensued in her mind, she twisted the doorknob to not waste any more time pondering, and entered chairman Enji's office.

She took in her surroundings. His office reminded her of Todoroki's house from the other day. It was cold and showed no signs of personality. The sunlight was thoroughly blocked by curtains, causing her lungs to feel more constricted than they already were. In the corner of the spacious room was a small living area, with two sofas separated by a coffee table. A tall glass shelf displayed numerous awards and certificates for all to feast their eyes upon.

There was a large framed photograph on the wall behind his desk. In that photo was Enji, the other chairmen, and more important executives and staff members of the company standing behind a red ribbon. But what especially caught her attention was Todoroki beside his father, in a black suit, holding scissors to cut the ribbon and staring into the camera with a small smile that didn't reach his eyes at all. Her chest tightened.

"Take a seat." A hoarse voice pulled her out of her thoughts, causing her gaze to land on the red haired man sitting in his office chair across her. Her eyes narrowed in a dark look.

"No thank you. Just say what you want to say."

Momo didn't even want to be there in the first place, though it wasn't like she had the power to disobey his orders as a mere secretary. She kept it from Todoroki as she knew he wouldn't like the idea of her being alone with his father, but she wanted to hear what the man had to say for himself. However, Enji Todoroki had a vile glint in his turquoise eyes that just told her she wouldn't like where this was going.

"You didn't fool me, Miss Yaoyorozu."

He reached in a drawer of his desk and pulled out a document. A document that was way too familiar for her liking.

"I found this in Shoto's office. Would you mind explaining it to me?" Enji held up their relationship contract paper for her to see plain and clear. Her eyes widened in surprise. He turned the paper to face him and read it aloud, seeming sure that he won, "A million dollars, isn't it? I should've known you weren't pretending to be his fiancé for nothing."

Momo's utter shock caused her to stammer on, "I- I- This-"

A devilish smirk spread across his mouth, indicating that he wasn't quite done yet. "From today onwards I don't want to see you anywhere near my son. Sign out of this contract. This is an order."