𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. I'M HERE FOR YOU

THE TODOROKI household was a lot farther from Momo's house than they had originally thought of it to be. There was a reason why the area felt so foreign to her, after all.

And so arose the suggestion of her staying at his apartment for the night. Even if Momo didn't want to be a bother to him, she accepted his offer, as she didn't really have much of a choice on the matter in the first place. It was either trying to find a hotel in the middle of the night in a district she barely knew, or sleeping at Todoroki's place, which she found to be a bit shameful, but much more preferable.

He opened the door and allowed her in. She followed shyly behind him, taking the chance to observe his home since it was her first time ever being there. His house was more on the modern side, and was strangely cold. No pictures, no decorations. Nothing to give away more about his personality. It was almost as if he didn't have a personal life.

Todoroki stumbled and put a hand on the wall beside him for support, breathing heavily as he pinched his nose bridge. He squeezed his eyes shut, feeling an unbearable headache begin to form within him. His father's sickening voice rang in his ears.

'I had my men look into you, you see. And I managed to get hold of some surprising information about you.'

'Maybe it's because you're my son, but I know what you are.'

'This is just all a part of your grand plan to get out of that marriage with Kendo Itsuka, isn't it?'

Todoroki was breathing at an unsteady rate now. He couldn't protect her like he promised he would. Did he still fear that old man? He was a coward, wasn't he?

'You must've forgotten who is really the one in control here, Shoto.'

It felt like his head was splitting apart, especially with the added pressure of what happened at that damned dinner. He knew they shouldn't have come the moment Enji gave them that invitation, but still went along with her decision, and now he was left to deal with the consequences of his actions.

"T-Todoroki, are you alright?" The raven haired girl was clearly alarmed at the sight of him like this. It was the worst condition she had ever seen him in. Being in such an awful state was a normal occurrence for him, but he could hear nothing more than worry in her voice alone.

Still panting heavily, he couldn't quite bring himself to respond, and she seemed to already know the answer. He slowly opened his eyes and felt himself calming down after seeing her. She touched his forehead with her palm to check his temperature.

"You're burning hot. Come here." Momo took hold of his arm and dragged him out of the entryway. Her movements were careful and steady. He just let her, not taking his gaze off her for even a moment. Once they reached the living room, she brought him to lay down on the sofa.