𝐢𝐱. STAY WITH ME

MOMO WAS sure that she was physically moving, but she certainly didn't feel like it.

Her brain was occupied by a haze of thoughts, specifically Kirishima's words from the other day at the café. Her lips pursed as she snuck a glance at the dual haired man walking alongside her.

'Yesterday I heard him yelling on the phone a lot in his office. The dude seemed really mad. It seemed like he was arguing with the chairman or something...?'

For once, she thought that she was actually getting to know him better, but now she felt like she couldn't be more wrong. For the life of her, she could never tell what was going on inside his mind.

"-and I need you to arrange a couple of files for..." His eyes drifted to her while he was talking, voice trailing off after noticing her blankly staring into nothing. It was already clear to him that she was spacing out.

He raised a brow. "Are you listening?"

Once again, she didn't offer any sort of response, her attention seeming to be somewhere else as she strode in the hall with him.

"Yaoyorozu." Just the simple mention of her name immediately made her flinch in surprise.

"Huh?" She finally looked at Todoroki, him staring right back at her with a questioning look.

She knew, she knew it wasn't her place to know, but Momo couldn't stop the question from tumbling off the top of her tongue as an almost automatic response, 'What did you hear?'

Kirishima suddenly seemed very conscious and alert, ruby eyes looking conflicted. 'I don't know if I should be telling you this but...'

He leaned in and whispered to them,

'Something about not wanting to be in an arranged marriage?'

It took her a moment before processing what he just said. "Oh- I'm listening, yes..."

He only nodded and turned away from her, still eyeing her oddly. By the time they neared the door to the meeting room, he stood still and took the chance to ask,

"You've been acting strange today. Are you sure there's nothing wrong?"

Momo visibly stiffened.

"Really? I must be tired then.", she fabricated a response as best as she could.

Just as she expected, Todoroki still seemed skeptical, but he decided not to press on it any further as they entered the meeting room at last, being met by the eyes of workers who were sitting around a long rectangular table in the middle of the room.

He noticed his father scowling at him, and instead of dismissing it like he always did, he returned it with a cold look. His secretary watched the exchange cautiously as she recalled what Kirishima had said about their supposed argument.