Deuce

Dog

 Ace has been here for a week, and he has gotten mighty comfortable

Ace has been here for a week, and he has gotten mighty comfortable. Quite an appetite and quite the attitude at times. He doesn't listen to me all the time, just when he want too.

Sometimes I'll find him barking at bushes. He won't jump into them or anything. Just sits there...barking.

Though he does disappear into the forest from time to time, he comes back after awhile. So I don't mind too much.

There was a time a bigger version followed after him out of the forest. Probably his older brother. I've seen him just a couple of times and that's about it. It's a sweet sight. But other than that Ace spends most of his time chilling at home. He likes biscuits a lot, especially home made ones. Something sweet to get him through the day.

I went to the pet store to get him a collar so if he does get lost one day, at least it'll be easy to identify him. It was sort of like a coat heart-shaped collar. (Sort if like Riddle's spell)One side being red and one side being black. It seemed to be the one he liked most. A heart charm had his name, my name, and our address engraved in to. A red gem connected to the blank side of the tag.

Definitely looked good on him. Pretty sure he thought so too, strutting around the store like he owned the place...but off King.

Still, it's nice to have more comfort in this big place. Just me, Grimm, and Ace. My own little family. Wonder when I last felt so...comfortable.

So starting out another day. I decided to do a lil baking. Grimm was watching Tv, while Ace decided to watch me roll out dough for a pie.It was pretty peaceful. Just like any other Saturday. Till I heard scratching against my back door. Aggressive scratching I might add.

Ace looked in the direction of the door, jumping from the stool and trotting toward the door. Ace sniffed under the door before freezing, and beginning his own scratching. Barking at whatever was on the other side. I made my way over to the door, softly pushing the dog away with my foot so I could open the door.

"Okay Ace, no need to rough up my door..."

I opened up the door, finding no one or thing to be there. I looked around in confusion, scratching the back of my head. Grimm had made his way to the door, curiously exploring the empty porch along with Ace.

"That's...weird...I heard something scratching right?"

We all looked around, wondering just what was at the door. Though Ace seemed to figure it out first, barking at the empty boxes on the porch. Circling them in a very...tough like manner. He was puffing out his chest and holding his head high.