Jack

Dog

I came to a stop, leaning down against my knees taking deep breathes

I came to a stop, leaning down against my knees taking deep breathes. After a bit I stood up straight looking up at the cloudy sky. My afternoon run finally finished for the day.

"Man I'm tired..."

I propped up against a tree, sighing out as I sat in the grass. I wiped off the sweat on my head with a towel, drinking the rest of the water I had with me. I put both back in my bag, beginning to pick at the grass.

I sighed out gently, leaning my head against the bark. My eyes closed as I soaked in the shade of the tree above me. Enjoying the breeze grazing against my skin.

The air is a lot more brisk as we're entering fall. The color of the leaves becoming way too mesmerizing as time passes on. The colors of each season being so powerful in their own ways. Fall being such a sudden change before the white of winter coated the area.

I find myself napping a lot of my days away in this season, it's just so comforting.

I shut my eyes as I shiver slightly, feeling a slight chill. The warmth I had while running is gone, but the cold is bearable enough.

How perfect today is...

Whine...

...What?

Whine~

My eyes opened looking around the empty trail. I slowly stood up, searching for the source of the cry. Another whine turned my attention into the woods. I looked back at the trail, then toward the forest.

I mean...should I really leave it...?

I took a deep breath before heading into the wooded area. Carefully stepping through the close collection of trees.

One of these days I'm gonna stop blinding running into situations...maybe...

I made my way through the trees, slightly slipping here and there. It had rained the night before, so keeping my footing was a little difficult. I held on to the trees as I made my way through, though I wasn't too far in before I saw tuffs of white. I stopped in my tracks, staring at the large white creature that was letting out whines here and there. I tilted my head before slowly moving closer.

Though the forest had something against me, since I happen to step on a branch causing the animal to glare in my direction. It growled standing up from his laying position, attempting to take a guarded stance.

It stumbled falling forward letting out yet another whine. I spotted patches of red along his coat and his legs seemed bruised. I took another step closer causing him to growl out once more. I held my hands up kneeling slightly. Hoping to seem a little more friendly to the creature.

"Hi...there...don't worry. I'm not gonna hurt you. Are you hurt? I can help, if you want. I'm sure you'll feel better if you let me help you."

I stopped just a few feet away sitting on the ground. I held my hand out to the canine, offering it to him. He slowly stumbled over, keeping a guard up on me. His head stretched out smelling it before taking a small step back.