Ruggie

Dog

"Good morning, Sam!"

Said man looked up from restocking. I entered the store, heading behind the counter setting my bag and coat down. I grabbed my apron tying it around my waist.

"Ah, little imp! You're here early again? Your shift doesn't start for another half an hour."

I nodded placing my bag down to open it up. I took out a container of chicken holding it up for Sam to see. A sheepish smile showing on my features.

"I wanted to see a friend before I started my shift today."

"Using work as an excuse to hook up, now how dare you~"

I smacked away the hand that was teasingly poking at my cheek. I pout turning away from him.

"It's not even like that and you know it!"

"Yeah yeah do your business..."

He nodded and turned back to what he was doing before I walked in. I walked to the back rooms swerving through the many shelves before making my way out the back door. I clicked my tongue a few times, sitting on the steps just outside the door.

After a few moments, a flurry of ashy blonde fur peeked out from one of the trash cans, eying the container in my hands. He trotted his way over after recognizing the gentle smile aimed his way. I opened the container letting the smell of chicken speed up his pace.

"Nice to see you as well. Hungry? I brought grilled chicken!"

He let out a bark, taking a seat in front of me. I set the open container down in front of him, watching as he went in without hesitation. I rested my chin on my hand watching as he ate. I stared in silent thought, slightly tapping my heel. I spoke up catching the dog's attention.

"Hey lil scruff ball...Want to come home with me today..?"

He looked at me with the most "You've gotta be kidding" face I've ever seen an animal make. It made me laugh quite abruptly.

"Oh don't make that face. Especially with your mouth full."

He let out a grumbled sound into his chicken before making an ultimate choice to ignore me. That didn't stop me from assisting in my claim, going on about all the fun things I have at home. I talked about the others, getting baths, my yard.

The only thing that caught his attention was the mention of food though.

Should have started with that.