Idia & Ortho: Part 2

Cat & Cat

My hands tremble as I got dressed

My hands tremble as I got dressed. My eyes dazed with bags to pair with my exhaustion. I sighed out heavily, glaring holes into the floor.

Once again my odd nightmares have kept me up for the night. The dark scenes of ink and terror, anger, jealousy, sadness.

Ever since I moved they have gotten nothing but worse. Before they were only occasionally. Maybe once every few weeks. But now....

They haunt me almost daily.

The images only clouded by the scent of dark ink. Something so close to memories, the dreams scare slumber away like a repellent.

Her majesty and her collection of severed heads...

The lion who rules over a quiet barren land...

The witch who torments the sea and the souls it holds...

The snake quietly seeping his poison into his victims...

The beauty who bloodied her hands in jealousy...

But this...

This...

This dark inky hell, guarded by a blue flame. It's horrifying.

The cries of lost souls that sound out nightly is unbearable. And I can't seem to escape its call. Screeches to be relieved of the pain they face have tormented me for the last 3 days.

I hate it...

With a tired sigh, I turned to Rook who was waiting patiently at the door for me to finish. Epel was sprawled out on my bed sleeping away the day, so I decided not to wake him. I adjusted my uniform before making my way out of the room. I kneeled down to adjust the hat atop of Rook's head.

"Just you and me for today Rook."

I looked down at the communicator that was given to me. It looked like a normal phone, but it had applications prepped on it. It updated with the task I needed to do, as well as a map that allowed me to navigate the lab. It was convenient and helped me to carry out everything I needed to do.

The phone dinged with a notification and immediately, the map designated the path I needed to take. With the click of a button, I was now reading my first task for the day.

Please collect and shred the data from Lab B.

For a while that's how it went. I would get a notification, the map would update and I would be sent off to complete the task.

It was quite straight forward. I appreciate the simplicity.

While carrying a box down one of the many halls, Rook came to a stop. His ears were high and alert as he stared down a gated hall. I kneeled next to him, staring down the hall as well. Wondering what caught his ear.