Cater

Cat

I jumped over the small creek in the forest, and turned to watch Deuce run through said stream

I jumped over the small creek in the forest, and turned to watch Deuce run through said stream. He shook off the water on his body once he reached the other side. I stepped back allowing him to dry himself off. He barked racing back up to my side as we continued through the forest.

I lifted up my camera taking pictures of the beautiful view around us. I breathed in deeply, let out a small giggle of pleasure as I breathed out. I looked down at Deuce who was trotting next to me.

"Such a beautiful day for a walk...sad only you were up for an afternoon walk Deuce. Though I don't mind if it's just us."

He barked in agreement as we continued on our way, the gravel of the path crackling underneath us. It may have been abrupt, but I wanted to explore more of the area while I have some off time from the shop.

I offered a walk to Ace and Grimm as well. But Grimm preferred napping, and Ace fully ignored me.

Thankfully I had Deuce who was more than excited to take a walk. So after putting on his harness, out we went. It's usually expected that Deuce would solo walks with me. Though Ace likes walks, it's only when he wants. Deuce is more cooperative, a great running partner as well. Just how they are I guess

But anyway.

After awhile, Deuce stopped abruptly in the path, facing the bushes just to the side of us. He shoved his nose into the bush, sniffing at it curiously. He let out a small huff and took a few steps back.

Honestly this was interesting to watch happen, but he seemed very determined and invested with this bush. So I made a sound decision to not disturb whatever it is he's doing.

He ran forward and jumped into the bush disappearing behind the shrubs. I blinked before taking a few steps closer to the bush.

"Um...Deuce?"

I squat down in front of the bushes tilting my head in confusion, leaning a bit toward the bush. I called out for Deuce once more waiting a few clicks of a second for him to return.

And he did. His head popping out from the bush, tilting his head in the same direction as mine. My head leaned back, not expecting him to come out so abruptly. A small whine of confusion leaving him as his head disappeared back into the bushes. I leaned back toward the bushes, opening them up to see the dog.

"Do you want me to follow you, Deuce?"

A bark was all I got for an answer so I guess I'm following after the small pup. I went over the bush, slightly struggling, but on I go. I leaned down onto my hands and knees crawling after Deuce. Getting dirt on my knees is way more uncomfortable then it was when I was a child. Shorts was both a good and bad idea today.