Chapter 2- Waiting

Janine's POV

This summer, the only person I have hung out with is Kaylie. Christian too, but only when I borrow or return books. I have been waiting for Kriss to realize it, but the moment never came. All she cares about is Charlie. A month has passed since the start of a new school year. Yes, Kriss and I hang out, but only very often. Like I said, all she cares about is Charlie. I also couldn't help but feel a little annoyed towards Charlie. I mean, Charlie knows Kriss and I are best friends. Should he say something to Kriss like,"It's alright, go hang out with Janine. The mall can wait," and give her a smile? No! He doesnt't care. He just doesn't. I don't like Charlie very much. I think he's selfish.

At night, I always wonder if she will ever realize it. Sometimes, even if I hang out with Kaylie, I still feel the loneliness, and would sometimes cry about it at night. I have talked to Vanessa of whats been happening by the way. She said that Kaylie was right, maybe it's best if I wait.

As for mom, I haven't talk to her about it yet, though I am going to, some day. Like I predicted, everything is drifting away. And even now, Pete is still not minding Kriss. I think I know why already. He's getting jealous because Kriss always hang out with Charlie? But why would he be jealous if he knows they're best friends?

But I still get why he would be mad with her. Did Kriss notice it? If she did, isn't she supposed to be talking to me about it on how terrible she feels about? So...I guess not. She didn't notice it yet. Or maybe--

"Ms. Effry? Are you listening? Care to explain what the lesson is about?" Mr. Johnson asked sternly. "Or would you rather explain what you are looking at out the window."

I snapped back to reality. "I'm so sorry Mr. Johnson, it won't happen again, I promise."

"It better not." He retorted and went back explaining. I tried my best trying to listen to him, but I can't! For obvious reasons.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lunch came. Thank God, I'm starving! I motioned for Kriss to walk faster. I hope she doesn't ask me to let her eat with Charlie again.

"Hey Jan! Is it okay if I eat with Charlie again." Ughhh... here it goes again. I stopped walking and faced her placing my hands on my hips, feet tapping.

"Please please please! This will be the last time, I promise!" She pleaded. "You can sit with us if you want." She suggested. Seriously!?

"I'd rather not." I said, trying my best to keep my voice from sounding mean or angry. "Fine, you can go eat with him." I gave up. There's no point of not agreeing. It will just make drama. Guess I'll eat with Kaylie and the others again. Not that I'm complaing, it's just that...I miss the old Kriss. I miss hanging out with her.

After buying my food, I looked for Kaylie and the others. After finding them, I quickly walked to their table.

"Hey Janine! You gonna sit with us again!?" Jade asked excitedly. I nodded my head.

"Yasssss!" Jane squealed. I set my food down and sat beside Kaylie.

"Kriss again, huh?" Kaylie whispered.

I nodded my head and ate. We talked about a lot of things. Fangirling actually, since that's what we do when are together, fan girl.

From time to time, I would glance towards Kriss and Charlie's table to see how they are doing. Obviously, they are having fun having each others' company.

Sometimes, I feel like Kriss is not telling me many things, things like best friends are supposed to tell each other, you know? Which really bothers me. If she can tell Charlie things, then she can tell me too. I mean we are best friends. Or....were we?

See what I mean? Now that Charlie's suddenly in the picture, everything's drifting apart. That's it! Everything is drifting apart when Charlie suddenly came to the picture! I must find out what he's up to! I want everything to be back to normal. I don't want to be....alone again!

Be careful Charlie, Janine Effry is your worst enemy right now. Let me see, where can I start investigating? Hmmmm....that's it! Christian! Christian is Charlie's best bud. Maybe he can inform me some important details.

Speaking of Christian, he hasn't told me if he's ready or not. Nah....maybe he's not yet ready. Because if he is, I told him to tell me so that I can help him. And...I still like him. No, I dont. Yes, I do. No, I don't. I don't know! Sometimes I have the feeling that I like him, sometimes I don't.

Aaaand....this time we're talking about Pete, I don't really know. He is, like I said, crazy for Kriss, but...I think I still have feelings for him too. It actually never went away.

Okay, back to Charlie. I'm gonna find out why he is drifting everything apart and let Kriss realize what she has done. But I got this feeling that...Charlie likes Kriss. Not the like as a friend, the like like. I'll explain:

1. He always hangout with Kriss. And always gets Kriss's attention.

2. Remember the time they hung out at Anthes? Yeah. He invited her there, it is obvious he wants the hangout to be romantic.

3. I don't have a third one. But those two are the reasons why I think he likes Kriss. And those two reasons are valid enough. Right?

But I have to make sure my conclusions are right, so that's why I'm gonna investigate. Starting with Christian, I'll talk to him about it when I'll return the books I borrowed.

Sometimes a question pops up in my mind that also really disturbs me. And I've been thinking about it too the whole summer break. Should I drop the act to Kriss? Is that a reason too why everything's drifting apart? Maybe not. But the real question is, CAN I drop the act to Kriss?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(Author's Note
Hey guyzzz! Sorry if late update! But hey! There's a bright side, we're updating two chapters at the same time for today! =) Anyway...Enjoy this chapter!)