Chapter 9- Mom's Advice

Janine's POV

After the first rehearsal, we came back to have lunch and to check the lobby about the auditions for the roles.

"So....how was the first rehearsal?" Danielle ran to us and asked with Kriss catching up behind her.

"It was fine. It was mostly discussing about the rules and we got to practice half of one song." Kaylie said.

"I can't wait for the next rehearsal!" Jane squealed excitedly.

"I know right!" Jade agreed.

"You guys go on, I'm gonna check the lobby about the auditions for the roles." I told them.

"Oki! I'm gonna go find Charlie!" Kriss said quickly and scurried away.

Kaylie gave me a concerned look, I nodded and my head and shrugged signaling I'm fine. Then they went away. I headed to the lobby to check it. Okay, so this is what it says.

Narrator=______________
(Baritone)

Mrs. Baker=______________
(Alto 1)

Mr. Baker=_____________
(Baritone)

Cinderella=_____________
(Soprano 1)

Little Red Riding Hood=_____________
(Soprano 2)

Jack=______________
(Baritone)

Witch=_______________
(Soprano 2)

Rapunzel=_________________
(Soprano 1)

Cinderella's Prince=________________
(Baritone)

Rapunzel's Prince=______________
(Baritone)

Jack's Mother=_____________
(Alto 1)

Cinderella's Stepmother=___________
(Alto 2)

Florinda=_____________
(Soprano 2)

Lucinda=____________
(Alto 1)

Mr. Baker's Father=______________
(Baritone)

(Other choir members are extras. Auditions will be in the school auditorium. It will be in the next rehearsal.)

******************

"Hey Kriss! I'm not gonna go with you today! I have to do something." I said to her.

"Oooookaaayy..." she said uneasily."I'm gonna go find Charlie. Bye, see you tomorrow!" She said, nodding slowly and walked away.

Okay. Today is the day to investigate. I'm gonna follow Renee or Charlie, whoever I see first. I began walking and looking everywhere to see any signs of either of them. As I walked past the janitor's closet, I heard a familiar voice. Renee's to be exact. What is she doing in there? It's like she's talking to someone. Someone who I have been looking for too. I looked through the the gap in the door. I knew it!

"--have you done anything? At least one thing?" Renee asked annoyingly.

Charlie rolled his eyes. "I'm doing the best I can, okay!? Ugh! I only agreed to do the deal with you so that I could win Kriss's heart and you can win Pete's!"

I held back a gasp. I knew that they are working together to plan something terrible! They are trying to break Kriss and Pete apart! It's quite obvious, after hearing what Renee just said.

"Shut up, Charlie! Not a lot of people expect some voices coming from a janitor's closet," Renee snapped. I crept sideways to the door so they won't see my shadow. "They might hear us, you idiot! Besides, I don't want ANYONE to know I hang in a...janitor's closet." There was disgust in her voice. Then I heard some "ew" and "it stinks here" from her.