Chapter 15- Forgotten Birthday

Janine's POV

Today is a very special day...IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! I feel like screaming, Im so happy! Though I cross my fingers that this birthday'll be better than my last year's birthday. I don't want any problem to ruin it, not today. I wonder what Kriss got for me today. Not that I'm expecting a gift, it's just that she'll remember it and maybe buy me a gift, right?

Anyway, I'm walking to school with a big smile plastered on my face. I better catch up to Kriss before Charlie steals her and hypnotizes her that she'll ignore me for the rest of the day. I went through the school's main entrance and began finding Kriss. After a minute or so, I found her by her locker, laughing with Charlie. I guess I'm too late, but better now than never. I took a deep breath and walked towards them.

"Excuse me for interrupting, but could you give us a minute?" I faced Charlie.

He shrugged uneasily. "Uh...yeah, I guess so." He said and backed away from us, going to his locker at the other side of the hallway.

I face Kriss. "Guess what today is?!" I asked excitedly.

Kriss squealed and I squealed with her. "We have PE today! I can't wait for it! Its our volleyball match!" She continued squealing. I stopped and frowned.

"Seriously? You're excited with that!? Today is a very special day! C'mon! Stop messing around, I know you know what I mean!" I said.

She shrugged . "Yah, I'm excited with PE, why? What do you mean special day? Today is not special other than there's PE. I'm seriously not messing around. So, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go talk with Charlie. See you at PE. Hope we win!" She closed her locker and walked away, leaving me speechless. Did that just happen? D-did she just f-forget my birthday!? No.....m-maybe I'm just hallucinating, there must be an explanation!

"So, Kriss, your best friend, forgot something special for you today. Let me guess, your birthday?" Renee grinned evily. I didn't answer her. She laughed and her minions laughed with her.

"Guess she's not of a best friend anymore. I wonder what made her forget it.." She laughed again. "Happy birthday, or should I say, SAD BIRTHDAY!" she laughed and headed down the hallway with her wannabes following behind her.

Tears started to form in my eyes. I faced Kriss's locker and began banging my head on it while crying. I noticed that people were eying at me weirdly, but I don't care! KRISS FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY! KRISS FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY! KRISS, MY BEST FRIEND, FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY!!

"Janine? What are you doing?" I heard someone asked. Christian. I stopped banging my head and ran past him, shoulders hitting, and headed for the girls' restroom.

I came in one of the stalls and began sobbing. I forgive Kriss of her other mistakes, but this one, this is UNFORGIVABLE. I don't even know her anymore? What have Renee and Charlie done to her? I heard the bell rang but I didn't care. After fifteen minutes or so, the tears stop, and I lazily get up. Suddenly, my head got heavier and I felt dizzy. But I still kept walking to my first class. I know I'm tardy, but I don't really care now.

"Janine, it's your first time to be tardy, what happened?" Ms. Henson asked. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. "Do you feel all right? You seem pale...do you want to go to the clinic?" She asked worrily.

I nodded my head. "Okay then, I'll let someone take you there." She said and faced the class.

Someone raised his hand. "I'll take her, Ms. Henson." Christian offered. She approved and Christian and I headed for the clinic. There was silence while we were walking.

Christian broke the silence. "Happy birthday." He greeted and smiled.

It took all my strength to smile. "Thank you." Suddenly, my eyes went blurry and I felt dizzy. My body weakened and my head is spinning. I could feel myself falling to the ground but a firm grip held me, maybe it was Christian.