〖雪 | SNOW〗

Pointing her sword directly at the demon, it was like death was flashing before her eyes

Pointing her sword directly at the demon, it was like death was flashing before her eyes. Despite the winter cold, his flaring eyes send chills down her spine.

He was among the strongest, a member of the Twelve Kizuki. (y/n) had learned that demons have ranks with multiple encounters throughout her life. However, Akaza's only intention was to look for the rare flower, the blue spider lily. That only bloom in daylight, one to three times a year.

" If it wasn't for me, you would've died!" he grumbled at the terrified girl.

(Y/n) lowered her sword and got up, dusting the snow off her Yukata. Her cheeks were swollen and her body felt numb because of the cold. The demon rolled his eyes at her before announcing his leave.

"S- so you're not going to eat me?" her statement made the demon pause as he slowly approached her.

" So is that what you want? " he questioned her back and stretch his arms."Then I'll be glad to do so."

She gasped and took a few steps back," N-no! I- I mean, I've never seen a demon turning a human away—"

" Consider yourself lucky then," he grumbled and left.

(y/n) let out a sigh of relief, nearly regretting her decision. However, she can't help but ponder about the demon. Out of all demons she encountered before, they were all thirsty for human blood, especially hers.

It wasn't the last time they bumped into each other, a few days later she stumbled into him again.

"Hey!" (y/n) waved at him from afar.

Akaza was on his usual duty, he stood up from the ground with his eyebrows drawn together, "what's with this girl?"

He was annoyed at the fact that this human girl isn't terrified of him at all. Usually, people would run for their lives if they encountered a demon, but she was different.

"What do you want?" he said to her which was slowly approaching.

(y/n) panted, her cheeks were red because of the cold, "I didn't g- get your n- name last time."

"Why do you want to know?" he queried.

"Just because," (y/n) was still panting, the air in the woods was thin, making it hard to catch her breath.

"Akaza."

Ever since the meeting in the snow, they would casually bump into each other. Sometimes (y/n) would invite him over to her house to shelter from the sun.

As for Akaza, he didn't seem to mind. Instead, he finds her interesting, since she provided him with some company. It helped him to get his mind off of the visions that have been crowding his thoughts, at least once.

" So Akaza, I was wondering. " Akaza turned towards (y/n) that was coming out from the kitchen holding a cup of water.

He only raised his eyebrows as a reply.

" Do you still remember your past life? " she asked the demon while taking a seat in front of him.

He shooked his head "Nope. I lost my memories completely after I became a demon."

"But there's this woman, Koyuki. "

He could almost taste the flavors of love as he mouthed out the syllables of her name. And how this name could make him feel such a way was downright terrifying.

(y/n) scooted closer to him, interested to know more of this Koyuki woman. She never knew demons had this side.

"These scenarios kept playing in my head though I can't recall any of them," he sighed.

"I'm certain that she's part of your past life. Maybe someone dear to you?" she replied.

Though it didn't matter anymore since he became a demon, he still couldn't help but ponder. These blurry images and voices in his head were almost impossible for him to ignore. But as a strong demon, he shouldn't have anything clouding his mind, this would only get in the way of his goal to become stronger.

"What about you? You're always lonely."

She shifted her gaze, feeling slightly offended by his query. The loneliness isn't something foreign in her life anymore, moving on from the past made her stronger than before.

"My parents were killed when I was young. And since then I've been living with Haru-chan until she got married."

"Well here I am lonely again." I tittered.

"I can't comment on that either," Akaza shrugged his shoulders.

"But I'll be stopping by often, not because I want to.. Just taking advantage on your shelter."

(Y/n) smiled and nodded, "As long as you don't eat me."

Her smile made him feel somewhat warm within. He couldn't make out what this odd feeling is, living over 300 years, this is the first time a human had shown him affection. He slowly had this sort of attachment to this mere human in front of him.

___________________________________________* I simp for Akaza, I mean why not tho? He's hot 🥵 despite being a donut maker 🥹 *

* I simp for Akaza, I mean why not tho? He's hot 🥵 despite being a donut maker 🥹 *