〖苦痛 | AGONY〗

The infinity castle, the lair of the Twelve Kizuki

The infinity castle, the lair of the Twelve Kizuki. It was an unusual occurrence as all the members of the Twelve Kizuki were summoned subsequently to the fortress It has been 113 years since the last time they were summoned here.

The six Lower Ranks were disbanded, as the members were being replaced countless times, unlike the Upper Ranks which hadn't changed for decades.

Following the deaths of the dual holders of the Upper Six, the Demon King wanted to express his disappointment toward the remaining members.

" Your existence despise me. Are you all that weak? " the Demon King growled.

He turned toward Akaza with his piercing gaze," And as for you Akaza, you're a disappointment! I gave you the privilege and this is how you repay me?"

All the members looked at him. He was aware of his doings, violating the main rule of being with a human.

" Oooh Akaza-dono~ What did you do?" the upper two demon teased and rested his arm on Akaza's shoulder.

"Take your hands off me."

The upper two demon smirked at him,"I told you before, women are nutritious. Perhaps you can be stronger than me~"

Akaza was in raging anger as he sliced off the Upper Two's head, "I said don't touch me!"

"Akaza, you went too far," he was caught off guard as the Upper one sliced his hand off.

" If he bothers you, you should apply for a blood battle to swap places with him," the Upper one demon stressed.

He was warned by the Upper one demon for disrespecting his higher rank comrade. His body trembled in anger as the Upper two demon kept getting on his nerves.

"Ahh it's nothing serious Kokushibo-dono~ I mean we are supposed to get along with our lower-rank comrades right?"

The upper-two demon's words only enraged him more as he tried to restrain himself.

"Akaza, either you cut ties with her or I'll cut both of your heads off," The demon king warned him.

He went back to her place with a heavy heart, battling with the guilt of either staying or leaving. There wasn't a choice, he knew somehow he needed to leave in order to protect her. Even though it means hurting her.

He crawled next to her on the bed, gently stroking her head. (y/n) was sound asleep and squirmed slightly as she felt the other side of the bed sink.

"Hmm. You're late.." she murmured, still drowsy from the sleep.

Her eyes were still shut as his gaze fixed on her. Taking one last look at this human he loved. " Sorry, I was running some errands."

(y/n) heard his voice crack at the end of the sentence and opened her eyes. Akaza had a dull expression and she was concerned about it, "Is something wrong?"

He got up abruptly and left the room. The longer he stayed, the harder it gets. That was the only way, in order to keep her alive.

She chased him from behind and grabbed his arm, forcing him to stop. "H- hey! Y- you're leaving already? But you-"

"Stop (y/n). It's over," he responded.

"W- what d- do you mean? Wh- what's wrong-"

" I can't do this anymore!" he yelled and yanked his arm off her grip.

His sudden change worried her as tears started fi well up in her eyes, " What's wrong Akaza?"

"I'm sorry but I don't feel the same way as you do," Akaza tried to make his voice sound passive as if he didn't care. He had no choice but to hurt her.

"No! I know you're lying!"

"It was a mistake (y/n)," he replied with an emotionless expression.

Her face went dull at his words, and the tears started running down her cheeks. He departed without giving her a last look.

A cold breeze picked up hitting her face, bringing her back to reality. Snowflakes were seen drifting in the air. She let herself crumble onto the ground with her hands cradling her face which was smeared with tears.

She cried harder, her chest growing tight as
bile rose in her throat. Her body felt numb not because of the cold, but because of the pain.

" Will I ever see you again? " she mumbled to herself.

Heartbroken.