Chapter 12.

When Marius entered the house it was a mess with only Ziyi sitting on the ground crying her eyes out.

Marius looked at her and felt his heart being crushed over and over again by a bulldozer.

His mate loved someone else and probably still does and was also pregnant with that man's child at some point.

He didn't know what to think about; he didn't know what to feel about all this and so he did not feel anything. He blocked those thoughts and focused on his mate who seemed to be in great pain.

So much pain that even he can feel that.

So he slowly and gently walked towards her and sat down before her he raised his hand to touch her shoulder but stopped in the mid-way before he said, "Ziyi..." his voice came out as a weak whisper that he himself had not expected.

Ziyi stopped shaking before she bought her face out of her hands and finally looked at Marius with her face stained with tears, eyes red as hell and swollen,  as more and more tears slipped her eyes while she pressed her lips together to suppress a sound from coming out.

She looked at Marius helplessly and Marius once again felt helpless something he felt when his parents had died and their dead bodies were present before him, and he was supposed to be strong and be proud of them for supporting the alpha.

Proud of them for dying.

What a foolish notion.

However back then he suppressed his anger, his sadness his questions, and smiled as he was damned proud of his parents.

And now he was going to suppress all his feeling and emotions and focus on his mate, he raised his hand for her to take she looked at it and then at him, "would you like to come with me?"

Ziyi's tears leaked, "I can't wherever I go I only bring chaos..."

"Well, you won't with me." Marius spoke with determination, " I won't let you..."

"I always harm people and I can harm you and..."

"You are not strong enough to harm my dear..."

Ziyi looked at him with teary eyes, "how are you so sure?"

"I am... I am very strong."

"What if I harm others..."

"I will stop you."

"What if you won't be able to do that?"

Marius smiled he is never good at comforting someone or good at making some stop crying he is not very good with emotions and feelings so he replied, "I will kill you."

Ziyi who was supposed to be scared of this reply to at least be disturbed or uncomfortable smiled, faintly, "really? if I hurt someone then you will kill me?"

"If I am not able to stop you then yes." Marius answered with a smile, "so... are you going to come with me? get out of this old creepy haunted-looking mansion will you and breathe outside."

Ziyi looked at his hand and slowly grabbed it.

Marius smiled as he got up and ran outside with Ziyi behind him, as soon as they came near the gates Ziyi seemed to clutch Marius's hand tighter and closed her eyes and once she stepped out of the gates she finally opened her eyes and when she realized that she was out she smiled.

She had no idea why in the world was she trusting this douchebag out of nowhere but her instincts just felt safe with him.

"Just wait for her." he said before he went to his house that shocking Ziyi, and soon he came back with a bike, "get on."