Chapter 26.

"Dismisses," Yibo said.

The members got up and left one by one.

Haoxuan and Jiyang remained back.

Yibo sat on his chair staring ahead with no expression while Jiyang said, "Everything will be okay Yibo, you still have absolute power, remember these are all just the advisor as long as you don't go corrupt they can't remove you."

Yibo said nothing and Haoxuan laughed, "well how can we know if someone is going corrupt or now?"

Yibo gulped and Jiyang looked at him, "what the hell do you mean? There are clear symptoms like blackening of the skin, once blood becomes black as well, a burst of anger and unstable emotions and the pain that a guardian feels is unbearable."

Haoxuan smiled, "Well, you must know that there are ways a guardian can handle and hide corruption. Someone who is very powerful and has very strong control over themselves, their emotions, and their body." Haoxuan said as he looked at Yibo who was staring back at him

Haoxuan added, "the easiest way for a guardian to hide corruption is the fruit of the tree Fiora."

Jiyan banged his hand agaisnt the table, "Fruit of fiora is not something that a guardian can easily obtain! That tree grows in the heart of the forests, deep and hidden by mother nature. "

Haoxuan laughed, "I know of course I do, fruit of Fiora is the strongest painkiller to ever exist created by mother nature for the goddess Sagira by the power of spirits, naturally it's hard to obtain. But someone as infleuntial and powerful like our boss can right?"

Yibo glared at him and stood up, "what do you want to say? that I have been corrupted?

Haoxuan smiled and shrugged, "who knows, but even if you are, how would we know?"

Jiyang sighed, "what do you want to say Haoxuan? Are you suggesting that Yibo should take a test?"

Haoxuan smiled, "a test won't hurt though."

Yibo stared at him for sometime, it was true that he had goen corrupt in the past and if the council would find that out the dislike towards him will only grow.

Till now no guardian has ever survived corruption while the elders and most experienced and powerful guaridan cane save younger guardian from corruption, it requires a lot of power and energy and if something goes wrong then they can also go corrupt and no one wants to take that risk.

Besides if a powerful guradian goes corrupt then death is the only way for them to be free from misery.

A necormancer can save a guardian from corruption as well, but necromancers hardly ever get involved in  things like this.

In the same way Guardians can also save a necromancer form corruption.

Yibo took a deep breathe as he said, "I will take the test, the day I will catch the bastard who is orchastrating all this and the traitor mother fucker in the council and kill them both, I will take the test that day."

Haoxuan smiled, "Let's see. I will wait for that day." he paused for a while before he said, "as much as I hate you, I don't really want you to go corrupt."

Yibo smirked, "oh I won't" No again at least. He added in his heart.

~~~

Simon was wracking his brain as he looked through book and tried to something just something to find a way to enter Croia.

Meanwhile Zhan was also going through the books. But after hours of search when he found nothing he threw the book on the ground.

He picked up another book but that book was just the sketch of the previous alphas before the camera was invented so he threw the book on the ground as well.