Chapter 28

Woman in the dream👆👆👆

The sky was bright and blue and the air was fresh.

A gentle breeze flew and hit the face of the woman lying on the ground carelessly, her black hair was open and scattered on the ground as she chewed on an apple, lying under a tree.

The woman had flawless skin with golden glow and was warning a green robe.

A humongous and majestic-looking tree whose branches spread far and wide on the banks of a river with fresh and sky blue water flowing right beside her. The flow of the river was steady and smooth.

The woman looked carefree and seemed like she didn't really care about her surrounding, as she just enjoyed the calm environment.

And that did not last long as she soon heard a sniffling voice, the voice of a child crying.

At first, she ignored it but after a few seconds she became curious, she opened her eyes and saw a young child crying at the bank of the river.

The child seemed like she was going to jump down the river and even took a step ahead.

The woman stared at the child waiting for her to jump but in the end, the child did not jump and cried harder.

But a few minutes later a boy child came from behind her and pushed her.

The female child screamed and fell into the water, and the boy laughed.

The girl thrashed and screamed and cried for help while the boy laughed.

But in the next second, the boy's leg was grabbed and he hung upside down from the tree the girl was picked up by the woman and was surrounded in the warm embrace.

The girl hugged the woman very tightly as if her life depended on it.

The woman bought the young girl near the tree and sat down on the ground while hugging her.

"HEY WHO ARE YOU DO YOU KNOW WHO AM I -" the woman rolled her eyes and soon a fruit was stuffed into the boy's mouth.

While she patted the back of the crying girl, "you are okay now."

The girl stopped crying and looked at the woman, the beautiful woman in front of her eyes, the woman gave her a child smile and winked at her and soon flowers rained over them.

The girl was shocked at first and then smiled brightly the woman smiled as well.

"Who are you?" the girl asked.

"I am a nymph, I am the spirit of this tree." the woman replied in her gentle voice, "and who are you and who is that brat?

"My name is Yanli, I am the daughter of the current head of the council and that brat is the son of my step mother Draven. What's your name?"

"My name is..."

~~~

Ziyi blinked as she opened her eyes, she was sleeping while sitting on a chair beside Marius's bed with her head down on the bed.

She yawned and slowly sat straight, she stared at Marius who was still sleeping, and she has to say that he looked really peaceful while sleeping.

She gently put her hand on his cheeks, "you look good while sleeping but wake up because I want to hear your voice and see you trying to impress me."

She smiled gently before she grabbed his hand.

She then thought about her dream, and mumbled, "was that you? spirit? you are so pretty, and your name is pretty as well."

The spirit did not reply, "what happened to you though you looked happy back then, then why are you like this."

As she thought about this, suddenly Yibo came inside the room, he walked in slowly and made sure to be as quiet as possible. 

"Hi." he said as he slowly sat beside her

"Hi."

"I am going to give you energy so... give me your hand."

Ziyi did as she was told and after Yibo touched her hand he closed his eyes and transferred some energy to her, Ziyi felt refreshed but Yibo felt sick and tried.

He was not giving himself time to regenerate his energy and was not giving his body the time to heal and rest.

And so his head felt heavy and he felt dizzy, his heart rate slowed down and he felt extremely weak.

After the transfer was done, even raising his finger seemed like a big task but he made sure to not show it to Ziyi.

He never ever shows her his weakness, because she will only feel bad if he does show that he was getting weaker and weaker.

He gave her a smile in the end and gave a glance to Marius before he got up and left.

As soon as he came out he leaned against the wall for support and slowly walked ahead.

But only a few steps and he felt like he was going to fall down, but soon he felt like being lifted up.

He didn't even had to open his eyes to know who it was as he gently kept his head on Zhan's shoulder and inhaled his scent.

While Zhan carried him to his bedroom.

He gently laid Yibo down on bed and although Yibo was half asleep he grabbed his hand, "I know you have a lot of work and it would be selfish of me to ask you to stay but please stay."

Zhan said nothing and sat beside him and gently patted his head while Yibo said, "I know you are worried, I know you must be scared and angry but Zhan I promise we will get through this."

"I know." was all Zhan said his voice came out as weak and strained, as he added, "I don't know how I would have handled it if you weren't here."

"Oh, you would have handled it just fine."

"I don't think so."

Yibo grabbed Zhan's hand and kissed it, "but I do, I trust you, Zhan,  know that you are more than capable to handle everything, you are a strong man."

Zhan felt better after hearing those words and he realized that he didn't really have the time to mourn or cry or be even sad, he has the responsibility of thousands of people on his shoulder and he has to work so that they are not disappointed.

And now he also has to make sure to not disappoint his mate.

Yibo soon fell asleep and once he was in deep sleep Zhan bent down and gently kissed his forehead, "I love you."

 Author's note: Imagine nearly killing your brother-like friend with your own hands, imagine seeing your loves ones and the ones who consider you their god dying in front of you because of you.

Imagine being called a criminal and being hated for the things you didn't even do. And seeing your mate  the love of your life suffering as well and not being able to do anything to help him.

Yeah If I was Zhan I would be having a mental breakdown.