★ Three ★

CONSTANCE BANE

Rolling over, I groaned, burying my face into the pillow as the loud ringing of my phone wouldn't stop. 

"Fuck's sake." I reached out my hand, blindly searching for the phone that was ringing on my bedside table. 

When I finally felt it in my hands, I flipped it open and brought it up to my ear. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Hey! it's Belle."  I heard the familiar voice from the phone. 

Rolling to my side, I opened my eyes squinting as the sunlight peered through the curtains. "Oh, hi. Yes. Hi." I rasped.

Coughing a little to clear my throat, I heard a light laugh coming through the line. "Are you still asleep?"

"Oh, no. No, definitely not." I yawned. "Uhm. What's up?" 

"So remember how I was telling you yesterday that I had an idea what I needed to sort something out first?"

I hummed in acknowledgment. 

"Sooo..." She trailed off. 

"Sooo..." I repeated after her in amusement.

"I talked with my band, and they were really excited to welcome you if you'd like." 

Furrowing my eyebrows, I leaned up leaning on my forearm, holding myself up. 

"Welcome me to what?" I asked, making sure I was understanding correctly. 

There was no way. I felt my heart starting to beat fast from the excitement.

"To join our band, of course. We just had to let go of one of our guitarists and you would be perfect."  I could practically hear the hope in her voice that I would agree.

I sat up, leaning against my headboard, opening my mouth but no words came out. 

"Constance?"  I heard her voice through the phone. 

"Yeah, uh, yeah I'm here. I mean, are you sure?" Stupid, why'd you ask that?

Chuckling, I heard her walking somewhere and other whispers came through the phone. "Can you come over to the house at around seven? This evening."

"I can, yes. Do I bring something?"

"Nope. Just yourself. We want you to hang out with us. Meet everyone and all."

Saying goodbye, I closed my phone and squealed in excitement. I got a job. I'm not going to be jobless. I'm not jobless. 

Looking up at the clock that was across my bed, my eyes went round. It was twelve in the afternoon. 

No wonder Belle was asking if I was sleeping. I'm always with the band at this time. 

Getting out of bed, I headed over to the bathroom and got ready, doing my makeup and straightening my hair so it all laid nicely. 

Going over to my closet, I got out a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt before putting a graphic tee over it and a warm black jacket to pair. 

Putting on my converse, I tied them up and headed out the front door.