☆ Ten ☆

*first of all, I'd like to thank you for 100 reads??!! I'm so excited about this book and I hope as more people come along, you'll also enjoy this book as much as I do—all the love.

CONSTANCE BANE

Jumping out car while Ezra was still parking, I ran over to the photographer who was still standing and talking with Lela and Harry.

"What the fuck?" I puffed out as I was trying to get air into my lungs. "What are you doing here?"

"Showing your friends what we can do with this video." He smirked. "We can make her look so bad she will lose her entire career. No one will ever hire her again."

Stunned, I looked at Lela and Harry and saw how Lela looked at me. Like she was considering it?

"Lela, no."

"Why not? She was so horrible to you."

"Exactly. You don't need to make her look any worse, she already looks bad in this video."

She sighed and looked at me in disbelief. "You said it yourself. She was nothing but shitty to you for the past two years. Why not?"

I let out a disbelieving laugh and looked at her. "She already looks so bad in this video. How much worse can you make this? She isn't acting like an angel in this video either, this is good enough."

The photographer then spoke up. "We will make this all-natural. Nothing will look fake."

"Yeah? How about you tell that to the security cameras at the shop. Honestly, don't even try. My voice and my face are in that video. If you do any changes to it, I will fucking sue you."

He clutched his stomach and started laughing loudly. When he made eye contact with me, he started laughing even harder.

Forgetting that Harry literally hated me, I exchanged weirded-out looks with him, and then we both looked back at the man that looked like he was about to piss himself.

"Oh, sweetheart." He wipes imaginary tears from under his eyes, fanning himself. "That was a good joke. I already took care of that, don't you know what a good bribe is for?"

Freezing, I looked at him and tried to tell if he was telling the truth but his stance said that everything he was saying was true.

He looked so confident and so fucking smug it was baffling.

"If you're releasing fake footage, I want you to delete the video." I felt my jaw tighten and annoyance start to creep up.

He waved me off and turned to Harry. "Tell your little girlfriend here to cool it."

And that's when I fucking lost it.

When he wasn't looking, I tried grabbing the camera from his hands, and when he looked at me in shock and grabbed it tighter, I snatched the neck strap that was just dangling in the air and started pulling until he almost tripped and lost grip.

"You stupid fucking bitch, where are you going?" He yelled out but I ignored him.

Running to the house, thankfully the door was opened and I didn't even bother closing it, running upstairs to my room and locked the door behind me, dropping down to the floor as I allowed myself to catch my breath.

Adrenalin was still buzzing in my ears from that sudden action that I did.

I placed the camera on the wooden floor and snorted.