★ Thirty-three ★

HARRY STYLES

My body was relaxed and my mind was at one of its calmest states that it has been in a while.

My body was curled around Cindy's, my legs intertwined with hers, and the tangled sheets stuck to our bodies in weird ways.

I felt her stuttering hiccups against my chest vibrating from her back but I didn't think anything of it.

I was halfway in and out of sleep, the soft chilly wind hitting my back from the slightly-cracked-open window and the faint sounds of the wind almost putting me back to sleep, enticing me back into the imaginary worlds that were waiting for me once I let myself fall for them.

But my head wouldn't let me, no matter how much my body begged for it. There was something wrong and the cloudiness in my mind started clearing up as I slowly cracked my eyes open and loosened my hold on her warm, and now that I've come to realize, shaking with sweat, body.

Pushing the heavy covers away from our bodies, my shoulders a little stiff from last night, I rolled my muscles and stretched my neck from side to side before turning over to the shaking body next to mine, placing a careful hand on her waist, not wanting to scare her if she startled awake.

When I slowly turned her around so she was laying on her back instead of on her side, facing away from me, my heart broke.

Instead of seeing C laying in bed, her face peaceful and in deep sleep, her eyebrows were furrowed and a tear was trailing down her cheek. 

A pang of worry hit my chest and I immediately pushed the covers down the rest of the way, away from her body.

Sitting comfortably against the back of the bed, I gently drew her into my lap, her head resting on my chest and the rest of her body on my legs and the mattress as I tried to carefully wake her up.

"Constance?" I whispered against her forehead, my other hand pushing her sweat-covered hair away from her face as her lip wobbled. I shook her a little harder.

"Baby, c'mon, wake up," I stroked her back up and down, trying everything that might get her to wake up without freaking her the fuck out in the process.

Instead of showing any signs of waking, her body froze and started shaking in my hold. A few quiet whimpers escaped from her along with a fresh set of tears, and at this point, I felt useless.

Patting her cheek, a whine left her throat and more tears escaped from her eyes as my heart broke for her in the process. 

Pushing her up just a tad bit more to get a steadier grip on her, I leaned over to the nightstand and grabbed the bottle of water, and unscrewed it just as her shaky hands started pushing against my chest, pushing my body away from hers, and she started thrashing against me.

"No, no, no, please don't," Constance cried and I unscrewed the cap of the bottle as she continued pushing me away. Managing to splash the water left in the bottle over her face, I really hoped that this was going to work because, at this point, I wasn't leaving her alone to get more help.

Just as I thought she wasn't going to react to the cold water, her fear-filled eyes flew open, her body paralyzed with dread as I wrapped my second arm around her after I threw the empty bottle off to the side and held her closer.