☆ Twenty-six ☆

CONSTANCE BANE

"C." I heard a whisper come from beside me, warm, minty breath hitting my face as a hand softly touched my cheek, coaxing me awake.

My only response was to try to take in a deep breath through my stuffed nose which ended up sounding like a sniffle, and I hid my face further down into the covers, ignoring the voice.

The next time I heard the voice, it was more urgent but the touch against my cheek remained just as soft, getting me to slowly get back in touch with reality from my dreams that I was seeing in my sleep.

"You're ruining my dream." The pillow muffled my words, making them sound less clear but I think he understood cause I heard a sharp exhale come from beside me, as if he was holding back his amusement.

"You've been sleeping for too long now. Time to wake up."

"No, thanks." I moved my shoulders to show my indifference and continued laying with my eyes shut.

I knew I was acting a little immature but I just wanted to sleep in. Everything was going to shit in my life so if I was in need for more sleep, I'd be taking it.

"You're about t'lose your Cinderella status and get demoted to Sleeping Beauty." His teasing voice sounded near me.

"Demoted?" I scoffed. "Aurora practically lived in the forest with three fairies and was a princess. Cinderella had to cook and clean all day while getting abused by her step-family. No demotions here."

"But she was asleep for so long. How was anyone supposed to spend time with a sleeping person? Cinderella was awake 'n thriving with her talking mice and fish." Harry countered.

"No fish. She didn't talk to fish. Did you even watch the movie?"

"Sure I did...15 years ago..."

Quickly blinking my eyes open, my eyebrows flew to the middle of my forehead and I stared at him in bewilderment, not knowing what to say.

"Yeah, we're fixin' that. Callin' me 'Cindy' n' not even remembering the movie...dumbass."

"Sure, sure. Are you wakin' up now? We need to put some food in you or you'll probably collapse onto the floor if you go any longer without it."

As if on queue like a damn movie, my stomach rumbled at the mention of food and I curled myself into a ball as if that would muffle the sound and get rid of Harry's stupid triumphant smirk that covered half of his face.

"So...food?" He tried again.

"Y'know, Aurora was woken from her slumber a lot better than I am. Got a kiss 'n shit too. My service is quite dissatisfactory if I may say so myself."

"I mean...if you're Aurora now then-."

"Oh, goody." I cut him off and squinted my eyes at him. "Does that mean I get a kiss from a prince?"

I saw Harry's head twist around the room and then his gaze settled back on me.

"I don't see a prince anywhere here, but we have me here, I know I'm 10x better at kissin' than Prince whatever-his-name-was."