☆ Eight * ☆

CONSTANCE BANE

"Constance?" Someone whispered in my ear, shaking me a little.

I rolled over when they shook me again, and I felt someone's leg toss over my body. "Constance? I can't sleep."

Squinting my eyes open, the room was still dark but I could see the outline of a body laying on top of my covers, right next to me.

Looking at the blonde hair, I realized that it was Ophelia.

"Are you okay?"

"I can't sleep." She whispered again.

"You can sleep here," I grumbled and closed my eyes, blindly pulling the covers from under her so she could get under.

Feeling her move, trying to get comfortable, I hid my face in the pillow and started relaxing when she spoke up again.

"Constance?"

"Yeah?" I grumbled, really wanting to sleep at this point.

"Never mind." She whispered, and I frowned.

Turning over to face her, seeing that she was facing me already, I stretched over her and turned on the lamp so I could see her face with the light.

"What's wrong?"

"No, it's fine. It's stupid. Really." She forced a smile and closed her eyes, burrowing herself into the pillow.

Moving closer to her, I laid down on the same pillow she was laying on and whispered. "Is it about what we talked about last night?"

"No..."

"Ophelia?"

"Constance?"

"Don't lie to me." I huffed and brought my hand up to her hair, stroking it away from her face.

"I'm not lying."

"Sure you're not."

"Fine," She huffed. "I'm just so confused. You were right, I think it was a little too much for one time and I can't get my thoughts straight."

"I figured, that was my fault. I'm betting you're here to ask more questions?"

"Not...exactly." She mumbled and closed her eyes.

"Why are you turning red?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I. Am. Not. Turning red."

"Right. And you also don't have a crush on Micah, but what do I know?"

Her eyes widened and I shrugged as if to say "I told you so."

"You will not tell that to anyone, okay?"

"Wasn't planning on it. Now, tell me."

She took a deep breath a blurted out. "Canyoushowmehowyoudom...please?"

Raising my eyebrows, I smirked and looked her straight in the eyes. "I'm sorry sweetheart, I didn't quite catch that?"