☆ Fourteen ☆

CONSTANCE BANE

Harry has been sitting at the same spot for the past hour, staring into one spot and smoking his cigarette.

He hasn't said a word, hasn't moved, hasn't done anything.

He's just been filling up the room with smoke.

In the meantime, I have tried falling asleep five different times, I have tried moving spots, bringing the covers over my head so I wouldn't smell the nicotine filling the air.

But no.

Nothing worked.

And when I asked him to cut it out, he just grunted at me as if he had acknowledged what I had said but continued anyway.

Ophelia was still sleeping, spread out in a starfish on her back while Belle was sleeping on her stomach facing Ophelia.

Micah was in his own world, practically falling off the couch, snoring quietly.

The minute we came home, Lela immediately went upstairs groaning about how tired she was.

Releasing a small sigh, I continued looking up at the ceiling, thinking about how we were going to break the news to everyone.

Hey, guys? We have a psycho stalker/killer that's been taking pictures of us and following us around. Oh, and it's also the person that broke into my apartment and killed the dog. They also left all these pictures, have a look!

Yeah. That's definitely bound to go well.

Sitting up, bringing the blanket with me so it wrapped around the bottom half of my body, I scooted a little closer to Harry so we were sitting practically shoulder to shoulder.

"What are you thinking?" I kept looking in front of me but nudged my shoulder against his to get his attention.

He only threw away the cigarette on the floor after his last drag, making me take a calming breath, and then he tilted his head back and blew the smoke up in the air.

"What am I supposed to think." He had a raspy voice as if his throat was begging for some water and I almost got up to get some for him but he kept talking.

"What am I supposed to think...when there is someone who is stalking us? When none of us can go to the police because they're corrupt idiots who don't do shit in this city? What the fuck am I supposed to think, Cinderella? Please. Enlighten me."

I kept silent and huffed with disapproval. "None of us know what to do, Harry...we'll tell them tomorrow and maybe-."

His face contorted into one of disbelief and he turned his head to look at me.

"You think a bunch of twenty-year-olds are going to figure out how to stop this? How do I...we even stop this? I'm a singer for fucks sake, not Holmes."

"How about you stop thinking about what you are and aren't and start using your brain." A voice murmured from beside us and when I whipped my head over, I saw that Belle was staring right at the both of us, her eyes droopy.