Chapter Eight

Kyoya's POV
    As I heard the conversation between Hikaru, Kaoru, and Vincent progressed I had taken notice that Vincent was holding back some tears. Why is it that Vincent didn't show that he was being affect by Hikaru's words. I'll have to speak with him later.
    "Now I'll be going." Vincent spoke after a few moments of silence.
    "But Vinc-chan, you can't leave just yet because you just got here. After all you're now a member of the Host club." Honey-Senpai tells him.
    "Thank you for taking that into consideration, Honey-Senpai. Though I know I'm not meant to be in a location like this. I isolate myself from others, so I won't be a bother to any of you." Vincent said before walking to the door. Now as I observed Vincent's behaviour a bit more I could tell that he started to silently cry. It seemed like he didn't give a damn that he had tears running down his face. He must have been used to it by now, after he slightly told us why he lets others talk down to him. It was terrible to see him accepting it, but it's his decision to make and allow.
    "Vincent, you need to know that Hikaru didn't mean what he said." Kaoru says.
    "Yeah right. I meant everything I said. He's not cut to be a host. He said it himself. He isolates himself from others." Hikaru piped.
    "That's enough! Hikaru, you absolutely need to stop being rude to others who aren't you, Kaoru, or are a part of the host club!" Tamaki shouted. This left everyone shocked. From the little time that I knew Tamaki was that I was surprised to hear him raise his voice.
    "Tamaki has a point. After all you have to take into consideration that Vincent chose to be in this club because he's trying to protect his brother." I spoke up. Nearly everyone was shocked, except for Tamaki and Vincent when these words were heard from me.
    "That's why you joined the club. To protect your brother." Hikaru spoke.
    "If it weren't for my brother, I wouldn't have considered joining. Though when Kyoya told me that it was mandatory that every student at the academy join a club I did whatever I had in my power to prevent my brother from joining this club." Vincent spoke up.
    "I hadn't realised that you were here for his safety. Will you forgive me?" Hikaru stated then asked. I was impressed to hear that Hikaru had accepted the fact that he had regretted his actions.
    "Of course I will." Vincent continued. It's impressive to see that only a few minutes ago he had tears in his eyes, but not anymore. I was starting to get impressed by him even more. It wasn't very natural for me to be this way, but I guess ever since I met Vincent, I've changed.
    "Well now that has been solved, why don't we start to prepare for the ladies to enter?" I said after a few moments.

*Time skip*

    "Vincent, you informed us that you only joined to protect your brother. Why's that?" Honey-Senpai asked while eat his usual cake.
    "I said that because I know how my brother acts around complete strangers and I didn't want him to be pressured. Also he's only 14. He will stay his term next week." Vincent responded. Now I got a better understanding of why his brother was clinging to him.
    "Wow, that's impressive. If you don't mind, what's your brother's name?" Hikaru chimed.
    "Oh that's right only Tamaki and Kyoya have met him. My brother's name is Ciel Phantomhive." Vincent continued.
    "Wait you have different last names?" Kaoru spoke.
    "His mom married my dad. That's how Ciel and I became siblings."
    "Oh. I thought you both were actually siblings, but instead you're step-siblings." Hikaru finished.
    "When will we meet your brother?" Honey-Senpai asked.
    "Next week actually. Ciel decided to get some rest this week and start the term next week." Vincent informed them. This conversation carried on for only two more hours, until Tamaki informed me that it was time to open the host club to the public.
    "Well we better start preparing for the guest arrival. Vincent why don't you stay by my side, so I'm able to fit you that proper information on being a host." I say.
    "Okay." was all Vincent said. While the other host were readying themselves for the guest to arrive, I looked to my left and saw that Vincent wasn't overly excited about all of this. I remember when Tamaki and I first started this club, I wasn't overly excited myself. Although times have changed as the years progressed.
    As the guest all came in, I had taken notice that they seemed to have wandered their eyes toward Vincent. I felt a burning sensation in my chest when the young ladies seemed to swarm him, but I paid no mind to it. Although as the evening carried on, I started to have the burning sensation even more. Then I thought that it was merely a coincidence that I had this feeling.
    "Kyoya, what will the theme of the next event the host club will be having?" one of the many guest asked me. It didn't take me long to think of something.
    "The theme will be maids and butlers. Some of the host will be dressed as butlers while others will be in a maid's outfit." I inform them. This caused them to giggle because they will have the opportunity to see some of the host in servant outfits. All I had to do is think of who will wear a maid's outfit and who will wear a butler's uniform.
    "Kyoya, can you tell us who the new host is? He's really cute." another guest asked.
    "His name is Vincent Michaelis. He's one of the transfer students from England along with his brother Ciel Phantomhive." I responded.
    "Will we ever met his brother. After all they may get lost and need someone to show them around." the first guest asked me.
    "Well from what I've heard was that Vincent had decided to start attending the academy a week soon than he was suppose to, just to make sure that his brother doesn't get lost when he arrives." I continued.
    "Wow you know nearly everything Kyoya." they all cooed in unison. All of their babbling and having a 'moe' moment seemed to be a waste of time in my opinion.
    "Well my lovely princesses we have to end this lovely evening for now. We'll be here again tomorrow to greet you." Tamaki spoke after he checked the time and realised it was time to end today's events.

*Time skip*

    "So Kyoya, what's the next theme going to be?" Tamaki asked after all the guest had left.
    "I was planning on making the theme 'Butlers and Maids'. Have half of the host club dressed in a maid's uniform and have the other half dressed in a butler's uniform." I tell him.
    "That's going to be interesting. Since there are an even amount of host, then are you having each maid have a butler partner?" he questioned.
    "That's the plan. I'm having Mori-Senpai, Hikaru, yourself, and myself dressed as butlers. Then have Vincent, Kaoru, Honey-Senpai, and Haruhi dressed as maids."
    "That would be perfect. Each maid will have a butler." As this conversation between Tamaki and myself continued, I had taken notice that the rest of the host club were listening in on our conversation.
    "So boss you're agreeing with this. Well it makes sense that you do because you get to see Haruhi in a dress." I heard the twins say. I have to agree with them. If I hadn't told Tamaki that Haruhi will be wearing a maid's uniform then he wouldn't have agreed to the idea.