chapter 4 | rehearsal

Third Person POV
5:20pm

Zak
Hi I just wanna make sure this is Darryl?

Darryl
Hi yes it is, hey Zak!!

Zak
Can I ask you something rq?

Darryl
Hm?

Zak
Do you wanna come to my band practice today? it's at 6pm and I wanna get to know you better lolz

Darryl
Really?! o_O

Zak
Yeah, I have no friends lmao.

Darryl
yeah sure :D

Zak
Really? I'll give u the address, sorry it's kinda out of nowhere.

Darryl
kk

Zak
Cya

Darryl receives the address and starts to dress up, he was still in his uniform from school. The brunette picks up some clothes off the floor and sniffs it, "Good enough." He murmurs under his own breath. It's a mint green long sleeved shirt and grey sweat pants; Darryl takes off his uniform and throws it onto his dark blue bedsheets. First he fits into his shirt, then his pants.

Darryl grabs his phone and his house keys, he then checks the time - it's 5:30. He then slips the keys and the phone into his pockets. The emerald eyed boy then runs out of his room, tripping during the way. He looks down to see his grandma sitting on the couch drinking tea, "Why in such a rush Darry?" She asks, Darryl loves the nickname. "I'm going out with a new friend, is that alright?"

"Of course, just be careful."

"I will. I'll come back home in a few hours, bye I love you!" Darryl runs towards the door while blowing a kiss, slipping on some black vans. "I love you too." Darryl hears his grandma speaks, her voice is croaky.

Darryl twists the doorknob then steps out of the house. The house is one story and is quite small, it was built in the 80s.

Darryl pulls out his phone and copy n pasted it into google maps. It's about a 13 minute walk from there. There's enough time for him to walk there, plus he would not need to pay for transport.

~~~

Darryl POV
This was not what I would expect for a popular band to rehearse..

I walked inside to see Zak and some other people, they are currently in a rehearsal. I sit down on a stool nearby and listen to them play, once they are done Zak notices me. "Darryl!" He smiles, making his way up to me. "Hey! You guys are amazing." I wave.

"Thank you! I'm Cara." The lead singer speaks, making my way up to me too, I stand up. "And I'm Geo, and I'm sure our guitarist Ant would love to meet you too, but he couldn't make it today." I shake Geos hand.

"Would you like some bubble tea?" Zak asks. I raise an eyebrow "Wha- What's bubble tea?!"

"You don't know what boba is?" Geo's eyebrows raise. "No."

"You have to try some!!" Cara exclaims. "Geo go get the spare one in the fridge please." Cara asks. Geo nods and walks his way to the mini fridge. He picks up this weird drink, it's a brownish colour. "Huh?" I mumble. He picks up a straw too and pokes it through, giving it to me. "All yours." Geo speaks up.

I hesitantly grab it and look at the liquid inside. "It looks weird.." I mutter. "Give it a sip!" Cara exclaims, I stop before taking a sip. A weird black edible sphere comes into my mouth - it's chewy. "Wow." I murmur. "Is it good?" Zak asks me, looking at me with his beautiful brown eyes. I nod, "This is probably one of the best drinks I've ever drunk."

They all scoff, but not in a rude way. "At least your little friend likes it, unlike you." Geo stares at Zak. I look up at him "You don't like bubble tea!?" "I just don't like the pearls." Zak shrugs. "I'm done with this, let's just heat up some pizza and eat." Cara sighs, walking to the mini fridge and grabbing frozen pizza.

"Did u guys set all of this up?" I ask, looking around. The warehouse has dimmed lighting and concrete flooring. The furniture is rather simple, a corner with all of their instruments, some couches and a small kitchen; well is it really a kitchen? There's a portable stovetop, a mini oven and a mini fridge.

Zak and Geo make their way to the couches and sit down - Geo sitting down on the opposite couch of Zak. "Sit here." Zak demands, but in a soft tone, he continuously taps the empty space next to him. I strode to the couches then sit my bottom down next to Zak. "You can lay your head on my shoulder." Zak whispers in my ear, Geo raising an eyebrow at us. "Thanks, but now now." I reply, I just broke up with Kyle yesterday and plus it would be weird.

"Oh k" Zak answers. Why do I feel bad?

Moments later Cara returns with a pizza, smoke fuming out of it. "Thank god your back! I feel like a third wheel with those two in front of me." Geo sighs with relief. Cara looks at me and Zak to see Zaks arm around my shoulder. "Shut up George!! I literally just met him yesterday." Zak rolls his eyes, they act like children.

Cara smirks.

"Cara.. Fine! I'll move my arm."

I feel slightly upset with the lost of touch. Zak leans forward and grabs the biggest slice, stretchy cheese pulling. The pizza is basic, just a few slices of pepperoni with cheese and sauce.

After eating 2 slices of pizza I speak up, breaking the silence. "I'm gonna go now." "Are you sure? Do you want me to drive you home?" Geo stands up.

"No it's fine." I smile, making sure I have my keys and my phone still in my pockets. I sit up. "Bye!!" I wave smiling.

~~~

Zak POV
When Darryl leaves everything goes silent awhile.

"You like mr green eyes don't you?"

"Shut up Cara."

"Zakky poo has a crush again."

"Suck my ass you beaver looking bitch." I reply jokingly, we all burst into a laughing fit after - our feet kicking up and down like children. I don't like Darryl, I don't.