chapter 52 | nosebleed

Third Person POV
Zak's on his phone playing candy crush. The rest of the band is making last minute changes before having to get up on stage in ten minutes.

"Dude. Hurry up, look your hairs a mess." Geo sighs, running his fingers through Zak's hair. Zak immediately moves his hair back to what it was before Geo messed it up, "No no i like the messy look. Its fine Geo, we're rock band anyway." He huffs.

"Fine.. Your eyeliner needs to be redone. It looks smudged." Geo adds on. "Okay i will." Zak huffs, trying not to act to bitchy. "mZak stands up and leaves his phone on the couch. He makes to way to the makeup artist. "Uh could you please redo my eyeliner on my left eye? I must of smudged it haha." "Sure!"

~~~

Darryl walks through the long crowd, he's been standing here for a while, luckily he's at the right front. There's a barricade with guards between the standing stage and the main stage. He keeps getting instantly pushed up into the gate leaving him with a few bruises on his stomach area.

Darryl is here by himself, he's been trying to make friends with some people but then they always have to bring up that they know him from the leaked stuff, he'd rather not talk about it.

As Darryl was just about to pull out his phone and start to text Zak; The lights on the stage start to flash. Everyone starts cheering and Darryl's feels this weird feeling brewing in his stomach.

Inside Sweater then starts to walk on stage, waving at everyone in the crowd and Darryl starts getting pushed up against the gate again. People putting their hands up and jumping and getting closer. Darryl's yelps as he feels someone pull his hair harshly. Yanking it.

~~~

As soon as we arrive on stage i start to wake at everyone. I looked at the standing area to find Darryl's face but no hope.

Zak walls behind his drum set and takes out the pair of drumsticks in his pocket.

"Hello everyone!" Cara yells into the mic, "This so our song Will You" Zak then starts playing his drums. This time Geo isn't on his usual electric keyboard piano, instead holding a guitar like Ant is.

~~~

Darryl POV
I scream in infuriating pain through my scalp. Two people rush over and help but everyone else around me doesn't bat an eye. Who just pulled my hair? And why? I'm now sitting down on the floor, with my legs crossed. I've shoo off the people kindly that tried to help me. My scalp still hurts and i can tell there's a small patch in my scalp where that you can tell hairs been gone.

I stand back up on my wobbly legs i listen to the music for about 7 songs.

I watch Zaks movements as he starts to play, bopping his head up and down. Oh god, he's pretty.

I was rudely interrupted from my thoughts when i hear someone yell behind me, "Yo aren't you the guy that gets all smooched over by Zak?" They chuckle, the word smooch in a teasing, high pitched, mocking tone. I try my best to ignore them, out of sight out of mind, i tell myself.

The music then starts to fade out, "Sorry guys. We're gonna have an intermission!" Ant walks up to the mic and speaks while Cara walks off stage.

I then feel someone tap my shoulder

As soon as i turn my head a fist comes at my nose. Flying at me. It's the same person who was bugging me before.

Some people around us gasp in shock.

Some security guards near the stage notice and walk up to person. "Sir. You can not be doing that in here. We'll have to move you to the back. Do this again and you'll be kicked out."

I then hear running footsteps on the stage. "Fuck. Is he okay?" A voice asks. I force myself to turn around as its Zak.

"Let him come behind the gate guards. I know him." His voice grumbles. I jump over the protecting gates and Zak starts to whisper at me. "Oh god your hair." He softly runs his fingertips over the bald spot on the back of my head.

He then cups my cheeks, "Your nose oh my god." I could see the panic in his eyes. My nose is leaking red blood and my face is starting to swell up.

Zak then pauses for a second, before giving in and gives a soft kiss on my lips. Just a small little peck.

"Guards can you take him backstage?" Zak faces the two guards watching the scene + the whole crowd watching this happen.

One of the guards lead me to the side where they have footsteps leading to go behind stage. "Are you okay?" The guard asks. "Yes." I fib, i don't want to make a big deal out of this. My eyes are starting to water.

They unlock a door and i walk into the fitting rooms. "Darryl!" I hear Zak call out. Ant, Cara and Geo swarm behind him.

~~~

Third Person POV
While Inside Sweater continued their concert for another 40 minutes until it ended, Darryl sat on the couch with an icepack resting on the bridge of Darryl's nose. The brunettes eyes are still watering, and no not because of him crying.

When the concert ends everyone starts to come back in. Zak walks up to Darryl and sits down on the couch next to him, "Hey. How are you doing?"

Darryl doesn't say anything and points at his nose then whines. "They did it so rough." He frowns. Darryl then adds on something a few seconds later,

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"What was that.. Kiss?"

Zak stops and mutes himself. "Uhm. Did you not like it? I'm sorry i-"

"Zak." Darryl interrupts

"I shouldn't of did that. And also the fact that i did it in-front of hundreds of people. There's just been lots of weird feelings bu-"

"Zak!" Darryl yells. And Zak immediately shuts up.

"It's not that." The brunette sighs, "I'm just confused why you did it."

"Uhm.. I-" Zak stutters and mumbles over his words. "To comfort you? I don't know." The tan male rubs his temple, "Darryl. I love you... Again."

Darryl's brain starts buffering and he drops the icepack onto his lap.

As soon as he was about to pinch himself Zak mutters something. "Say something.. Please." Zak starts to face away, facing away trying to avoid anymore embarrassment.

"Zak..

I love you too. Seriously."  

"Really?" Zaks numbness slowly turned into a small shy smile.

The brunettes signature smell hasn't became this strong before, the scent of vanilla filled up the entire the room.

Darryl's heart fluttered as they grew closer, his heartbeat fluttering and growing a faster and faster pace.

Their eyes meet each other's, Zak stares at the other deeply wondering if he want to. Darryl's eyes says it all, The brunette leans in and closes his eyes shut.

Zak's chest is pressed up against Darryl's. As they start to kiss; Darryls hands were kept on the back of Zak's neck while Zak's hands were placed on Darryl's hips. Pulling him in further.

They both seperate and catch their breathes.

"I love you." Darryl mumbles again.

"I love you too Darryl." Zak responds in a whisper.

(y'all i can not write kiss scenes istg)