chapter 10 | tomato soup

Darryl POV (I changed some stuff about when they are gonna perform btw sorry)
Today I'm finally meeting Ant, Zak invited me to the recording studio, they're practicing for the concert in our city in almost a week. Zak also might invite me and his friends to his apartment later today, although he pretty much lives like a two hour drive away but that's not the point - I get to meet new people and stop being so introverted.

I stood in Zak's dressing room. "Darryl what's should I pick?" Zak whines, his dressing designer is sitting on the arm chair. "Just whatever you want to wear sir." His dressing designer Janet speaks, "Just call me Zak please." Zak rolls his eyes; no matter how many times he tell her she won't stop. Zak is holding two shirts, a white shirt with the bands name on it or an oversized black tee.

"I think the black one is better but I don't know." I hum. "Great." Zak smiles looking at me. "Okay, save those for the day of the concert." Janet speaks - Zak nods. "So are you gonna come to my small get together at my party tonight?" Zak ponders. "I'd love to, but I'm not promising." I reply.

"I'm making tomato soup." Zak places the clothes into a closet. "I'd love to try it." I speak, Janet is busy on her phone now, typing away. "Okay, well we should get onto our recording studio.. lunch break is over." Zak states, i nod and we both leave the room, leaving Janet by herself.

"Why are you practicing in the recording studio again?" I ask, my eyebrows twitching. "We're planning to sing our new song that I wrote." Zak answers, "The one you were writing on call?" I ask. "Yeah."

We're both walking down the hallway still

"Well, What's it called?" I ask. "I wanna keep it a secret away from you." He smirks, looking down at his shoes. "Aww okay." I cross my arms.

"You do realise it's been two weeks since the day we met right?" Zak plays with the hem of his shirt. "Oh really? That felt fast." I slouch, we're at the recording room now. Cara, Geo and Ant waving at us smiling, we both wave back. "You can sit down on the couch there." Zak points. I walk towards the couch and I sit down, grabbing out my phone. Zak and his friends start getting ready, I can see them through the window - I get to finally hear the song he's talking about.

Ant starts picking at the strings of the guitar, making some noise. "3,2,1" Cara counts down, then they start playing. A few seconds later Cara starts singing.

We even got a secret handshake
And she loves the music that my band makes
I know I'm young but if I had to choose her or the sun
I'd be one nocturnal son of a gun

I smile instantly. I pull out my phone and start secretly recording.

Take a look at my girlfriend
She's the only one I got (ba ba da da)
Not much of a girlfriend
I never seem to get a lot (ba ba da da, ba ba da da)

The song finishes moments later, I finally stop recording. Zak comes out of the room, "Was it good?" The tan boy giggles. "Yeah it was great, your a very clever song writer." I praise. "Thank you.. you should meet Ant!" Zak smiles. "Yeah." I breathe.

Cara and Geo are busy talking about something and Ant comes up to us. "I'm Ant, nice to meet you." "I'm Darryl." We both shake hands - I grin awkwardly. Cara and Geo walk to us; "Well, that's a wrap for today." Cara claps her hands. "So, Zak's place?" Geo speaks. We all nod. "Lets just get a taxi, my cars at my apartment, Janet dropped me off here." Zak says.

Everyone including me agrees. They all go back to their dressing rooms, packing up their stuff then leaving the building. The recording studio is simple; and very minimalistic.

I feel cold eyes watching me while I looked around, I turned to my right. "Why are you staring?" I chuckle to Zak at my right, "Fuck- oh uhm sorry haha." He rubs the back of his neck - adverting eye contact and continued to walk to our taxi.

sorry this chapters short, idk what to add.