chapter 28 | who did it

Third Person POV (short chapter)
Darryl is sitting in a room full of people, all of them sitting in chairs and formed into a circle. "So, we have a new person joining us today.. this is Darryl."

"Hello" Everyone smiles slightly, they look like they don't wanna be here. Darryl mouths the word 'hi' and waves.

~~~

"Would you like a drink?" Zak asks from behind the counter of his kitchen. "No, it's all good mate." Max responds, he shuffles around slightly on the couch. "Hey, I am um- sorry about the whole thing going on." Max rubs the back of his neck.

"It's fine dude, genuinely- social medias been letting it kinda go." Zak pours himself a glass of water.

Max then remembers something, but he doesn't tell Zak what it is. "I'll be right back." Max sits up. "Oh okay." Zak replies mumbling; Max then leaves the apartment.

When Zak walks back to the couch to watch some tv he realises Max's phone is still here, he's coming back anyway.

But what he doesn't expect is what's he sees on the screen of that same exact phone.

-
-

Max's camera roll is open, and he has photos of Zak and Darryl, the photos that were only to be found on Zak's phone. He didn't want to believe this - maybe he just saved the photos when they got leaked?

He clicked on when the photo was saved into Max's camera roll,

It was saved a day before it got leaked.

Oh.

His own guard? The one he trusts??

How did he get these photos? Zak has to many questions, he needs to tell Cara.

As Zak continues to inspect the photos he hears someone opening the door.

"Zak?" Max speaks, Zak turns around to see Max standing right behind him. "What are you doing?" Max smiles, turning his head, trying to act oblivious.

"Don't fucking act dumb to me." Zak pushes Max, but he barely even moved. "Why did you do this?" Zak furrows, standing up. "I guess I was just jealous, I'm sorry?" Max apologises, but Zak can easily tell he doesn't mean it, "What do you mean jealous?!"

"Jealous because your rich, your perfect, your smart. Everything I dreamed of." Max states.

"Your fired." Zak mutters. "Thank god." Max huffs, he grabs his phone and struts out of the door.