chapter 45 | no one knows

Zak POV
The door opens, and I start to clench my fists nervously.

Suddenly there's someone I don't recognise, a young girl with blond hair and thick silver rimmed circle glasses. "Are you the pizza guy?" She speaks, almost in a whisper. "Is (enter Zak's mums name here) Ahmed here?"

"Uhhh- Who?" She quirks an eyebrow. Suddenly an older adult comes up, the adult looks the exact same as the younger girl but taller and without glasses. She looks down at the younger and mouths something to her, the younger girl waddles away.

"I'm looking for erm- The Ahmed's?"

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"We're the house sitters. They're returning later this week on Sunday."

I sigh of instant relief. "Thank god." I mutter under my own breath. Suddenly the house sitter starts to call my parents on the phone. "Hello? Yes erm, there's a boy waiting in front of your house. Yes- Wait- He's looking for both of you. Do you want to talk to him?"

I smile, last time I called one of my parents was a month ago, but it was hardly proper.

I'm waiting to hold the phone, but instead I hear words come out of the ladies mouth. "Oh you don't? Okay that's fine, bye!"

Geo makes a face, whose-parents-doesn't-want-to-speak-to-their-own-child-they-haven't-chatted-to-in-a-long-period?

"Maybe they're just busy." I speak out loud, my voice seems unsure and upset.

"They said uhm- they don't want to talk to you because.. Your erm- gay?"

It didn't sound like a statement, sounded more as a question.

Oh

Oh.

"Aha- Of course. What did I expect?" My voice croaky. "I'm sorry." She mumbles. "It's fine, let's go back Geo." I turn my back, grabbing onto Geos wrist.

"Zak- Im sorry-" He tries to comfort me but I cut him off. "It's all right." I pause to look at him right in the eyes and give him a warm smile, "Seriously." I add on. And I bet you could see it in my eyes, when my happiness shortly turned into numbness. I shed a few tears and my knees fell weak. With my knees on the ground of the driveway I felt my heart shattering into pieces. No one gets it, no one's gets how hard being famous really is - how hard it really is to see your ex with a new lover - how hard it is to find out your parents had just disowned you - how hard being in love with your ex who clearly doesn't like you back - how hard it is for a secret to be revealed to the whole world, and how hard all of this combined really is.

I looked away as I wiped a tear with my sleeve. "Zak.." Geo softens.

"LEAVE ME ALONE! Just leave me alone,, okay? Let's just go back.. please." I yell with my heart thumping. I hear a high pitch noise and everything goes silent. Geo gulps, "Okay. Yeah."

~~~

When we're back in the room I lay in my bed on my side, the hotel sheets pulled all the way above my shoulder. Cara, Ant and Geo are here with me. I told them to leave me alone, so they're currently just talking quietly on Geos bed with their legs crossed.

I grab my phone on the nightstand and I notice a notification.

Darryl <3
Hey

I want to burst out loud, "GUYS DARRYL JUST TEXTED ME!!"

But instead I have no emotion; As excited I was to tell my friends I'm to upset at the moment.

You
Hey :)