chapter 41 | staring at my shoes

Third Person POV
"I- Cara.." Zak mumbles. Talking to Cara about his problems is what he has been doing since they were 12 in middle school. It's only tomorrow before they have to perform in front of a large crowd, they haven't done this since Darryls and Zak's relationship got leaked a month ago.

"Can I suggest something to you?" Cara whispers. Zak stifles, then nods. "You know how our band writes our own music? Well.. Whenever I'm feeling down; I like to write songs about my emotions - whether if they're upset or happy. You know our song Sunday? Yeah, that was about the passing of my dog Polly."

Zak nods while he listens. Maybe he really should start writing his emotions out instead of keeping them boiling inside him.

Later that day, Zak got his notebook filled with the songs he's wrote and a sharpened pencil.

He opens Spotify and scrolls through his playlists, selecting one that is called 'writing songs'

The first sing to play is by Conan Gray, called 'Crush Culture' Zak hums along, knowing all of the lyrics due to listening to this on repeat while he had a crush on Darryl. 

"I still love Darryl.." Zak mumbles to himself, "I still love him." He repeats - with more confidence. Zak knows he doesn't like him back.

~~~

I guess I should stop looking out for you, like I always do

When will you start looking out for me, too

Instead of leaving me staring at my shoes?

It's just the way you're glancing at me

Something about you just makes me feel guilty for liking you

When you're with him, when you're with him.

thank you Thunderboltz_1  for the idea