chapter 31 | what is love?

Third Person POV
It's been 2 weeks, Darryls 30 day program is almost over - And Zane is finishing tomorrow morning. Getting out of rehab and finally being free.

"Zane? Zane, you there?" Darryl waves his hand in front of Zane's face, he's totally spaced out. "Oh! Yeah, sorry I just blanket out for a minute." Zane flinches. "Hm? Really, what's on your mind?" Darryl picks at the dirt under his fingernails.

"Just thinking about doing something later today." The hazel eyed boy hums. Darryl nods, "Sorry I'm asking so awkward. It's just that- it's your last day and I can't stop thinking about you leaving. Your my only friend here and I have like 13 more days to go by myself." Darryl sighs.

"Sorry, you promise we'll keep in contact?" Zane asks, they're only allowed to use their phones during certain hours of the day. "Yes.. I will." Darryl smiles.

Zane notices there's a strand of hair covering Darryl's face, he reaches for it and moves it behind the brunettes ear.

"Can we play Minecraft one last time at rehab?" The emerald eyed boy purses his lips together. "Yeah. Sure." Zane smiles.

~~~

As Darryl was about to settle in his bed he heard a knock on his door. "Yes?" He calls out. "Zane." He hears the voice from the other side of the door speak. "Come in!" Darryl took off his glasses and left resting on the bed side table. The door opens and he sees Zane moving towards his bed. "Move." The black hair demands, Darryl shuffles over and Zane lays down.

"Yes?" Darryl asks, he hasn't acted like this before.

Zane then starts rubbing Darryls chest, the position they are currently in now would be considered snuggling; Darryls arm is wrapped around Zane. "Did I do something wrong? Are you apologising?" Darryl asks with pure confusion.

"No," Zane speaks up, "It's just that it's my last day and I'm really gonna miss you."

Darryl blushes, "I'll miss you too."

Suddenly Zane leans in further towards Darryl. Darryls eyes are wide, and Zane's are half lidded. "Can i.." Zane breathes in, "Kiss.. you.?"

The brunette thinks for a bit, this it to much. Before he knew it Zane starts stroking Darryls hair, "Please?"

"Yeah." Darryl gives in happily. Darryl kisses first, it's sloppy but yet kind of passionate - it goes on and on until they eventually ran out of breath, leading them to pull away. "Wow." Zane pants, their foreheads pressing against each other.

"Wow." Darryl grins. "I kinda wish we did this earlier." Zane states. "Mhm.." Darryl mumbles. "I didn't pressure you or anything right?" The other ask with a worried look on his face. "No no! You didn't, it's just that.." Darryl breathes out, "Nothing. it's nothing, let's just go to sleep."

They end up falling asleep in each other's arms that night.