47| Tips for a Werewolf

''𝙅𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙣 𝙪𝙨.''

𝗜𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻, 𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗿

𝗜𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻, 𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗿. Turns out, I had a scab running down my bottom lip from where the Centaur had reared at me. Thankfully it was only that and nothing more. 

I was able to keep my other injuries on the down low from Madam Pomfrey, she only knew about my shoulder and my lip - since that was pretty hard to hide from her. Though my right side and right leg are both kept from her, healing pretty well on their own. Lupin doesn't even know about them. 

Speaking of Lupin, he had got out of the Hospital Wing a little after I had ran out. Either Madam Pomfrey let him out because he was fine or to send him out to find me. Maybe both. I wouldn't blame her, I would've done the same. 

It was only a few hours until the Quidditch game between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. I still felt a little ill, Hermione keeps telling me that I look pale, but better then I did a few days ago. I didn't tell her out loud, but I really wanted her to stop observing these things about me. Never did I ever want Hermione to find out about my newfound condition. 

Knocking on the familiar wooden door, I waited on the other side for a voice to greet my inside. 

''Come in.'' The voice greeted. I walked in, closing the door behind me so that nobody would be able to hear from the other side without being right up at the door. ''Ms. Granger, always a pleasure.'' Lupin smiled from his desk chair, a pile of parchment sitting on top. 

''Same to you, Lupin.'' I reciprocated his actions, walking up to the front of his desk. ''What are these?'' My fingers brushed lightly against the pile of parchment that laid stacked on the desk, the familiar names of the people in my class. 

''Turned in assignments from the class yesterday.'' Lupin answered, looking down at the parchment as he sifted through the papers. 

''But you weren't teaching yesterday. Were you?'' I asked with a raised brow. He couldn't teach in the classroom when he was unconscious in the Hospital Wing. 

''No. Snape took over the class.'' Lupin shook his head, sighing and leaning against the back of his chair. 

''What are the assignments about?'' I was scared to hear the answer. Lupin told me about how Snape had known that he was a werewolf, especially from when he was younger and went here. A stupid prank that was pulled on him, caused by his friends.  

Lupin didn't answer, only picked up a paper and set it down in-front of me on the desk. I looked from Lupin's face then down towards the paper, which was signed with Hermione's name. The paper was a few rolls of parchment about how to identify a werewolf. It scared me to think that Hermione wrote this, and now, she might even be onto me.