13| Sleep Over

''𝙒𝙚'𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩.''

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗼𝗼𝗻, 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗘𝗹𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗱

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗼𝗼𝗻, 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗘𝗹𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗱. It was a pretty decent meal. It wasn't awkward, either. Scorpius and Teddy had talked most of the time, telling us a few stories they had with another friend they had made at Hogwarts 

Draco and I shared a few glances, but they didn't last long before we got sucked into another one of the stories from the boys. Their arms waved above their heads as they recalled something dangerous and reckless they had done. Not to mention, fun, which is a word they had made sure to incorporate in every other sentence. 

Teddy had chosen good people to have as friends, even if I had only heard stories of the other one. I heard his name is Albus, since the two of them had skimmed the subject a few times. Also because Teddy had written me a massive amount of letters that inscribed their names on the parchment. 

After the boys were done sharing their stories, they headed back up to Scorpius' room. I watched them go with a chuckle and a shake of my head. The House Elves came by and started to clean the table, with the help of Draco and myself. 

We carried some of the plates into the kitchen, so it wasn't such a hassle for the fragile creatures. As we were walking out of the kitchen, Draco had stopped to talk to one of the House Elves. I moved on, walking through the large room of the mansion. 

The huge windows were placed on the walls against the stone, black curtains that swept to the side. Outside, the clouds grew more gray then they had before. Harsh winds blew against the brush outside, pulling the plants from one side to the other. The grass, dancing into one another. 

''It's beautiful.'' I subconsciously let out, feeling the presence beside me.

Draco hummed. ''Yeah, it is.'' 

I stood with my arms crossed against my chest, body facing towards the window. Thunder had rolled across the horizon, turning the skies a darker gray then they had been before. With thunder, comes lightening. 

From beside me, Draco had jumped and winced. His head pulled away from the window, further between his shoulders. I opened my mouth, about to comfort the blonde before the boys came running down the stairs. The two of us faced the little ones. 

''Is everything all right out there?'' Scorpius asked, slowly drawing closer to the window. 

I looked up to see that Draco was also gazing out the window, almost unmoving if it wasn't for his chest that rose and fell. Crouching down to the little boys height, I placed a hand on his shoulder.