Chapter Nine

Quinn

"The guns weren't in my room." Nancy said.

"When we were in the upside down, it was in the past." Steve said.

"It was 1983." Nancy said.

"How?" Dustin asked, apparently racking his brains.

"We don't know. But that's why the guns from 85 weren't there." Nancy said.

"If we're going to try and close the gates... or at least stop whatever will try to come through, we're gonna need weapons." Robin said.

"We don't exactly have any lying around." Steve said.

"I know where we can get some." Eddie said.

"You do?" I asked, turning my Walkman off.

"Hey, that's not a good idea." Eddie said, eyeing me.

"It's just for a minute." I argued, dismissively.

"You were lucky back there.... That he didn't try anything. That doesn't mean he won't." Eddie argued back.

"Fine." I said, switching it back on.

I turned the volume down low, so I could still hear everyone, as I scowled at Eddie for a moment.

"You said you knew where we could get weapons?" Nancy asked, attempting to break the tension.

"Oh uh, yeah." Eddie said, before turning to Max.

"Do you have a directory here?" He asked her.

"Yeah." Max said, rummaging in a cupboard behind the sofa.

She placed the directory on the coffee table and I watched Eddie flick through the pages expertly before pointing to an ad.

"There." I watched him say.

"Seriously?" Steve asked.

"A gun warehouse?" Nancy asked.

"That's pretty public Eddie, with all kinds of shitty people." Robin argued.

"It's also a place where no one would question you buying anything. It's hunting season, that's what most people will be there for. So we can buy traps, grenades, guns and we should be able to walk right out of that place with what we need." Eddie argued.

"It's too far on bikes." Steve said, seemingly in.

"My van is stashed away, but I have no gas." Eddie said.

"Your car Steve?" Robin asked.

"It's in a field, near the lake. Jason ran us off the road..... it's totalled." Steve said.

"I have a way....." Eddie said suddenly.

"Okay?" Max said.

"Well it's not really mine, but it'll do." Eddie said, with a smirk.

"We do this, you can't come into the warehouse." Steve said to Eddie.

"I got it, dude." Eddie said, understanding.

"Okay, then we go and we figure out a plan on the way." Nancy said.

I turned my Walkman off for a second time and Eddie's gaze immediately fixed on me.

"Shut up." I said, before he had time to speak.

"If we are going to try and close the gates or at the very least guard them and stop whatever tries to come through..... Vecna is going to know.... And it's likely he's going to try and stop us. So he needs a distraction." I said, as everyone tensed.