Chapter Twenty Five

He was above me, and had me pinned to the ground.

His hand curled tightly around my throat and I held it there.

"It's okay, it's okay." I said, closing my eyes.

"It's okay, I love you." I said, as his grip tightened.

"It's okay..... its..... it's okay, I love y-you....." I choked out.

I managed to free a hand and rummaged into my pocket frantically, pulling out Max's Walkman.

The sky thundered above us, and I could hear and feel the bats surrounding us.

"It's okay...." I whispered, struggling to breathe.

And that's when I brought my knee up inbetween his legs and he groaned in pain, his grip loosening around my neck.

I lunged upwards and pushed him backwards, pulling the headphones from around my neck and I jumped on him, pinning him down.

His hand swiped at my face and I cried out in pain as he scratched me.

"It's okay, I love you." I said, through gritted teeth, forcing the headphones onto his ears.

I reached for the Walkman and pressed the play button, turning the volume all the way up.

I straddled his chest, pinning his arms down with my knees and held the headphones in place.

I closed my eyes, and almost like a vacuum, I felt myself fall into his mind, into the dark and the cold, to find him.

Everything around me slipped into black.

******************

"Eddie.... Eddie where are you?"

I could see him, crouched down, his head in his hands.

He looked small, and afraid.

"You have to come back to me." I said, as he looked up at me.

His hands were black, his skin was mottled and he didn't look like the guy I loved.... Except for his eyes; his eyes were that familiar soft brown.

He looked truly lost; he looked defeated and helpless.

Vecna had him in his grasp and wasn't letting him go without a fight.

I slowly approached him, and I could see his face was grey and his hair was limp around his face.

"You can't give up. You can't give into him. You belong with us, in Hawkins."

"You belong with me Eddie."

I reached out to him, imploringly.

"Take my hand, and let's finish this." I said.

"Please Eddie, please take my hand." I begged.

"I love you Eddie. I loved you the minute I saw you that day. Your eyes, your smile..... you had me from the moment you saw me. I see you Eddie. I see you, and you see me." I said in a last ditch attempt to get through to him.

And I saw them, a glimmer of the face I knew.

"New girl?" He whispered.

"Yes it's me. Come back to me." I said.

"I can hear.... I can hear music." He said.

"It's my favourite song. You learned it for me, you sang it to me." I said.