Chapter 16

On Sophie's Mind

It was dark and lonely, Sophie had walked for a long time and did not know where to go. As she kept walking a light had come in her way and the closer Sophie walked the bigger it got.

from the other end a woman with long dark hair up to her knees, a beautiful white dress, opened at the back it was decorated with gold chains, and her feet were bare. The woman had turned around and her face was cover by a white veil. Sophie confused but unafraid kept on walking closer towards her.

"Long time no see, my dear." said the woman in ancient Egyptian.

"Who are you?" asked Sophie, surprise that she was also speaking ancient Egyptian.

"I am you and the protector of all that is sacred." replied the woman with a smile on her face.

"Maye." said Sophie, the words fell out of her mouth as if she did not meant to say them, but deep in her heart she knew that woman, who was standing in front of her was.

"My child, you have suffer enough for the mistakes I had committed in my lifetime. You should not pay for my sins and for that I apologize. Go back to them, I shall help you in your time of need." said Maye as she walked closer to Sophie and pulled her veil away from her face.

"Go back? where?" asked Sophie confused.

"Back where you belong, to your son and husband. Back to the living. Do not fear, for I will help you and be part of you as one." replied Maye and pushed Sophie out of this world as it was not yet her time to be here.

-----------

Rick and Imhotep were still fighting, the poor man was consumed by rage and wanted blood, Imhotep's blood. With his weapon he broke Imhotep's long weapon in two, giving Imhotep more range to fight. Both broke the fight as they lost their balance by the scream of the Scorpion King that shook the pyramid once again.

Outside on the desert

The medjay were dying and all of them were trying to do everything in their power to stop the Army of Anubis. Some of the soldiers of Anubis were seeing to be retreating but did not stopped the medjay to keep killing as many as they could.

Inside the pyramid

Jonathan and Evy were out of breath. Jonathan was on the floor with a chest wound and could beardly stand up, Evy on the other hand was still fighting Anck-Su-Namun.

Anck-Su-Namun had pinned Evy to a stone statue leaving her a little disoriented, without wasting for Evy to recover Anck-Su-Namun pulled her sword and stab Evy in the chest, only to be stopped by Sophie, who grab her arm in mid action.

"Why don't you pick on somebody your own size?" asked Sophie as she pushed Anck-Su-Namun away from her sister.

"Oh, my God. Sophie!" said Evy not believing her eyes.

"Take Alex. Go and help Rick." Sophie commanded her sister. They could hug and speak after all of this was over.

"But mom..." said Alex reluctant to leave her mom when he just got her back.

"No buts Alex." said Sophie in a calmed voice.

She never took her eyes away from Anck-Su-Namun, who was standing still surprise to also see her alive. Quickly getting out of her trance Anck-Su-Namun took both of her weapons and started to slowly rise from the floor.

"I'll be just fine." Sophie continued saying as she pulled two more swords from a statue.

Sophie knew that she was not alone, deep in soul Maye was with her and would help her to the best of her abilities. Also, she wanted revenge for getting stab to death.