29

The conversation and the time they spent together proved to be shortlived, the small dream life they had experienced was far from reality and to get back Renjun had to do something necessary

"As much as I appreciate your company i have to go somewhere"

Renjun announced placing his dishes in the sink helping her out in cleaning. The girl who was drying her hands just hummed.

"finally admitting you like my company?" Seohyun's words making him chuckle had he never told her how much his presence calmed him down? How her existence made him breath everyday.

"did i ever deny hyun?"

He inquired as he took a step towards her remaining unfazed by his closeness she shook her head. He had never been annoyed at her presence, his words might be harsh for some people yet she knew who he actually was but not denying never made it clear what he actually wanted.

"never admitted too jun"

she mumbled lightly in a low voice just for him to hear in the empty house her eyes wandering everywhere else not looking at him.

"are you sulking because I'm leaving?"

His tone teasing her slightly if he was honest he hoped his words were true, he wished she felt the same an how this small time wasn't just a fantasy theh lived. she just shrugged as a response.

"look at me"

his voice gentle it was request, he wanted to know what her wished were—wanting her to voice out her desires making Seohyun sigh giving him a glance looking up at him.

"what?" She asked puffing her cheeks a small way of concealing her frustration Renjun simply placed his coat on the chair next to him.

"if you want me to stay just say it" he whispered in her ear leaning down to her height.
The girl scoffed as a response "do as you please renjun" just as her voice became a bit stern renjun clicked his tongue in disapproval.

"you have serious ego problems babe"
seohyun placed her hand infront of his lips well aware of his next move. It was not in her checklist to be kissed once again. The desire from the last time was enough destruction for her. Besides the ego he was complaining about, he knew well enough who taught her that.

"Learnt it all from you"

She muttered, renjun simply hummed as response moving back a bit making seohyun take a deep breath relaxing as she was tensed a bit from their reduced distance.
"Then should i take my leave?"

seohyun scoffed does he not get a hint? just as she got up brushing past him renjun firmly held her wrist. It was becoming repetitive how he held her back she should suggest more ways to stop people like maybe calling out their names.

"how about we bring that attitude back down a bit"

he said sternly he could handle all her tantrums as long as she understood where they stood.
"what ever" she replied back with a temper renjun inhaled sharply.
"you're still angry I'm letting wooyoung stay?" He asked like fitting a puzzle pieces understanding it was the pent up the events which were pilled up on her.

"don't blame me afterwards I warned you"

She muttered as Renjun pulled her closer holding her waist by one hand while other behind her neck. Careful not to hurt her as he firmly gripped her In his hold.

"I already told you i will handle the consequences"

he hummed lightly she had nothing to worrya about as long as he was alive, he had given his words to handle everything no matter what the outcome was as she gave him a worried glance eyes holding concerns for him.

"jun I don't agree with you taking all the risks we're in this together yet why do you have to face everything yourself?"

She finally let out what she had in her heart for a long time his continuing behavior of acting like he was alone I'm this situation, like he did not trust her enough to reply on her putting his life on line with every step he took. Renjun gave a small smile not a teasing one but a sincere smile brushing the strands of hair back he kissed her forehead

"it's what i have to do" he replied her concerns though valid could not make him change his ways. He would put his life in danger if it meant the team would be safe.

"you know what happens if you die"

"then I'll just have to not die i guess"

he chuckled as it was some sort of joke yet seohyun was all fired up angry at him as she opened her mouth of refute renjun shut her up by placing his lips on hers which made her stiffen instantly.

"Just quiet down you talk too much"

he mumbled making seohyun roll her eyes pushing him away leaving without a second thought.
Renjun took a deep breath aware that she was mad at him but also knew she'll come around he had an experience of 7 years now she always put up a good fight. For long he had feared that she was his only weakness and only strength.
Shaking his head he continued to head towards the place he didn't wanted to go yet it was a necessity
He made sure to lock all the doors before leaving.

Shaking his head he continued to head towards the place he didn't wanted to go yet it was a necessity He made sure to lock all the doors before leaving