Love and Lust

Waterloo | 01:01am

The tears hadn't lasted long, nothing ever did with Amelia - however, they lasted long enough. Long enough to let Damon know he was trusted again and that they had undeniably solidified their relationship. He lay on the floor with her sobs for almost five minutes, pushing hair from her face and delicately rubbing her back.

His admission of love was just the cherry on top, drawing Amelia to eventually calm down and fall asleep on his chest right there on the floor. She hadn't a clue how exhausting it was to cry, not fully, and Damon hadn't moved. He lay with her, wide-awake for a number of hours before she had stirred and pushed herself up in a fright.

He placed a hand behind his head, secretly glad to get his movement back. "You alright?" A quiet question, Amelia rubbed her face and looked around to gain her bearings. There was something about her smudged everyday pencil liner that Damon enjoyed to unashamed extents. "You fell asleep."

"And you didn't move?" She looked at him like he had killed an orphan.

Damon shook his head, stretching his arms. "You were asleep." He cleared his throat. "I didn't want to move." The way his voice broke made Amelias heart beat a little faster, hair disheveled

"C'mon then." She stood, tugging at his arm and attempting to pull him onto his feet. "Chum me."

He admired her defeated smile, standing up and wrapping his arms around her. They stood in-front of the mirror, staring at one another through the reflection in loved up eyes. His hands linked over her stomach, head rest on her shoulder while placing gentle kisses at the base of her neck. Amelia looked to the ceiling, catching his eyes and connecting lips with him sweetly. "Do you feel better now?" His eye-contact was unmissable.

"Much..." She trailed off, reminded of the words he had confirmed. "How long was I sleeping for?"

"A few hours."

Damons heart hadn't ever felt as full as it did now. He knew he was supposed to be in this situation, and that Amelia was the right person for it - he felt whole and fuzzy, like receiving a warm bed after a long day of winter. There was something about her soft side that melted him for the better, he truly wanted nothing more than her happiness.

"Did you sleep too?" Her eyes spoke before she did, the familiar look of love staring back at Damon.

This is what love was.

"A bit."

"So what, you just stared at the ceiling? That's so dead." She critiqued, taking his hand and leading them to the bathroom. Damon shrugged to himself, sitting on the edge of the bath and crossing his arms tight to his chest as he watched her rake through the sink drawer.

"What're you looking for?" He nodded.

"This, look." She produced a new tube of toothpaste. "You want?"

"We've some left." A frown, standing up with his hand on the small of her back as he picked up the current tube. "You don't need to open a new one." He looked down at her and she pulled her lips together in a tight line, shrugging him off.

"I'm not arsed getting the last centimetre out of that."

Damon habitually ran a hand through his hair. "I'll do it for you then." He took her toothbrush, proving his worth and handing it back to her with the complained toothpaste. She stared at him in the mirror, watching as he did the same for himself and found her eyes. "What?" A muffled question, his elbow nudging her side.

"Y'look dead tired." She tried but it too came out muffled due to her minty mouth. Damon laughed, almost choking on his toothpaste at her mumble.

"I what?" He spat, shoving the toothbrush back into his mouth and twanging hers. "Look good?" He leant against the sink, eyes following hers as she dipped to spit her own.