Chapter Fourteen

Apparently going to training this morning wasn't the smartest idea. I knew Kenton would be in the training room whether I was there or not, so my genius idea was to come down to train regardless of my injuries. However, after sleeping for so long yesterday I couldn't stand being locked up in my room any longer, feeling sorry for myself. That's not who I am. Having Kenton see me like that last night was torture enough.

When I step into the training room Kenton spots me immediately, along with Hudson and the trio. Each one of them looks at me like I've gone mad.

They aren't too far off on that one.

Kenton strides towards me, shaking his head in disapproval. I don't back down, staying planted where I stand.

"What the hell are you doing here? You're not training today." He scolds, grabbing my arm to walk me out. I rip away from his grasp, not letting him take me out of here. I fold my arms across my chest. I am doing something today, even if it's walking a few measly laps.

"Yes, I am. I have rested long enough. I'd rather deal with the pain rather than go bored out of my mind." I argue, not backing down.

He looks down at me angrily, ready to fight me on this. He doesn't have the chance to tell me no again as Hudson comes up to the feud. I look over at him innocently, batting my eyelashes.

"He's right. You're not training. You are in no position to do so." He grunts, siding with his brother. I huff a breath, rolling my eyes at the nonsense. They stand in front of me, arms crossed, legs spread defensively. I almost laugh at how ridiculous they look right now.

"Fine, I won't train. But I am not going back to my room. At least let me sit here and watch you guys do something." I plead. They look at eachother, silently contemplating my request.

Brothers and their stupid eye conversations.

"Alright, but you are to do nothing but sit. Got it?" Kenton orders. I nod my head, happy with their decision. I would have got them to agree one way or another.

I've got them wrapped around my finger.

"When we are done here, father wishes to speak to you if you are feeling up to it." Hudson adds.

I sigh deeply. I knew that was coming sooner or later. He will probably use me for information regarding Caraq, not that I know much anyway. I was locked in a cell for most of my stay.

"I will go, but I want both of you there with me." I insist. I do not wish to ever be in a room alone with that man. I will feel infinitely safer with the princes by my side.

They look at eachother once again, as if they need the approval from one another. Eventually, they nod at me, to which I respond with a smile.

They watch as I make my way to a bench located in front of the training rink. When I sit down they seem satisfied, walking back to the training rink where they were located when I walked in.

I watch quietly as they return to their daily training. Kenton trains alone while Hudson spars with the trio, all of them taking turns with each other. I've never seen Kenton train without me, the work he does when I am not around. Right now, he is lifting weights, pumping the irons with his arms, the insane amount of muscles bulging with every move. I find myself growing hot, it's utterly embarrassing. Yet I can't seem to look away from the sight.

"Careful, I think you're drooling." Brooks taunts beside me.

I snap my head toward him, unaware of how long he's been sitting beside me. I look away from him, flustered that he caught me ogling at Kenton's muscles.

"Shouldn't you be training with your friends?" I ask, trying to dispute the attention away from me. He laughs, nudging me lightly in the side. I wince at the contact, grateful that he doesn't seem to notice my discomfort.

"I'm taking a water break to chat with my friend. Seems close enough to me." He shrugs, his never ending smile gleaming. I look over at him curiously.

"You consider me your friend?" I ask. The question slipped from me so fast, I don't know why I asked him that. I've never had any true friends beside Hudson. Brooks calling me his friend so easily catches me off guard.

"Why wouldn't I? You're a badass. We want to keep you around." He says, as if his answer was easily thought out. I stare blankly at him, not knowing what to say.

"I've never had a group of friends before." Is what comes out of my mouth. I internally scold myself for saying such a thing.

"Well you do now. You still scare the shit out of me, but we were worried sick when you were taken. You should've seen Amelia, she was a crying mess, and Fyn was missing his 'fire and ice' buddy. None of us slept until we got word that you were back." He adds.

I had no idea they cared about me so greatly. I only just met them, but I am grateful nonetheless to have them in my life now. I know they will be there for me, especially with the knowledge of how upset they were over my absence.

"So are we just going to ignore the fact that you were totally checking Kenton out?" Brooks muses, snapping me out of my thoughts. My cheeks start burning at his words. I'd hoped he would let that go, but unfortunately it seems as though he's not going to let up.

"Yes, we are going to ignore it. I was not checking him out, I was only watching." I defend. I hope that my face is not completely red right now, giving away my cover. Unfortunately, Brooks doesn't bite.

"Whatever you say. I should get back to the idiots before they start yelling at me. This conversation isn't over yet, Adira!" He exclaims, standing up.

I give him a small wave, already dreading the day he decides to hassle me about Kenton. Lucky for me, there's nothing on that matter, I'll make sure of it. A little staring means nothing.

I continue to sit on the bench, quietly watching the training before me. Though this time, I make sure to keep my eyes off a certain greatly muscled prince.