Chapter Thirty Three

"Alright, everyone knows the plan?" I ask, looking around the group. They nod, determined and unhesitating.

We stayed up most of the night figuring out how to break into Bastian's office. It took a ludicrous amount of time and arguing, but it's a solid plan. It will work, but there's little room for even one of us to slip up slightly.

We're dressed in our normal clothing to suppress any suspicion around the castle. If we're correct, Bastian will be at lunch with Queen Evelyn in about ten minutes, giving us roughly an hour to get in and get out of his office before he returns.

"Let's go." I say, leading the group out of my room.

We walk hastily down the hallway, a group on a mission. Amelia, Brooks, and Fyn break off down a separate hallway as Hudson, Kenton, and I. There's two ways to get to Bastian's office. One from the left, where Hudson, Kenton and I will be waiting around the corner for the rest of the group to distract the guards. One from the right, where Amelia, Brooks, and Fyn will enter with a groundbreaking acting performance. Hopefully.

I crouch down, peeking my head around the corner, Hudson and Kenton above me doing the same. Right on time, Bastian leaves his office, closing and locking the door behind him. There's two guards at his door, silently standing and staring into nothing. I spot the trio further down the hallway, looking as if they're having a casual conversation with one another. As expected, Bastian doesn't acknowledge them, walking past them without a second look.

Once Bastian is out of sight, I stick my thumb out for the trio to see, giving them the go- ahead. Amelia collapses instantly, falling into Fyn's arms as he slides to the floor with her. Brooks fakes his shock, maybe too well, calling for help.

"Help! Somebody help us! Our friend collapsed and we don't know why!" He yells at the guards, who unenthusiastically walk towards them.

"We need to get her to a medic. Something might be wrong." Fyn says, looking worriedly at Amelia who lays limp in his arms.

"Oh no, what if something is wrong with the child she carries?" Brooks questions, bringing his hands to his head.

I look up at Kenton and Hudson, who watch the scene with smiles on their faces. "Did we decide she was going to be with child?" I ask, furrowing my brows.

Kenton chuckles, "Nope."

I nod my head, returning my attention to the trio. The guards stand above them, not doing much to help.

"I think you buff guys are going to have to carry her, she's much too heavy for me and my friend." Brooks says nodding, his hands on his hips. Amelia cracks her eyes open slightly to glare at him. Thankfully the guards don't seem to notice.

Hesitantly, the guards pick her up, carrying her down the hallway and out of our sight. Fyn and Brooks follow them, and Brooks cheers silently with a smile on his face to us.

"Come on." I say, scurrying to the door. I crouch down, eye level with the lock. Taking a pin out of my hair, I get to work on unlocking it, the boys behind me.

"Since when can you pick a lock?" Hudson asks.

I continue weaving the pin around the inside of the lock. "You'd be surprised by how many locks I've unlocked to get into people's houses." I say. When I turn to look at them, they look at me concerningly.

"What?" I shrug, "I needed to get supplies for living somehow." I stand up, turning the door knob and opening the door.

"Impressive." Kenton says, walking in. Hudson stays out of the room, being our lookout just in case the guards come back earlier than we want them to.