Avni's life

Chapter 154:

It was the time of the day, the birds were flying over the hospital where Avni was admitted. Avni was laying on the bed and was wincing because of pain but she suppressed her lips and holds the bed so that she can get up. Avni tried to get up and she felt pain. Avni lays back. Avni was panting.

Avni: Ne, Neil. Neil.

Avni shook her head.

Avni: Avni, get up. Avni, you can do it.

Avni again tried to get up.

Avni: aah.

Neil heard that. He was shocked.

Neil: Avni?

Neil hurriedly got up and goes to the room. Neil opened the door and entered. Neil was shocked to see Avni who was trying to get up.

Neil: Avni.

Avni looked at Neil. Neil hurriedly runs to Avni by calling her name.

Neil holds Avni's arms.

Neil: what are you doing, Avni? Your stitches are fresh.

Neil makes Avni lay who squeezed her eyes. Neil kept his hand on Avni's forehead and leaned toward her.

Neil: what were you doing? Your stitches are fresh and you are trying to get up.

Avni was panting and was in pain. She looked at Neil and clenched his sleeves.

Avni: Neil, Neil, our baby.

Neil: Avni, our baby is absolutely fine.

Avni stopped struggling. She looked at Neil and was staring at him. Neil smiled and nodded. He caressed Avni's hair.

Neil: yes, our baby is fine. It's a baby boy.

Avni's eyes filled with tears. A tear falls from Avni's eye. Neil's eyes were also teary and he was smiling.

Avni: boy?

Neil nods. Avni smiled with teary eyes but her smile faded.

Avni: then wh, where is my baby?

Avni looked here and there and Neil was shocked. Neil thinks. Avni looked at Neil. Neil looked at Avni.

Neil: ab, woh, Avni, baby, baby is in incubation. He is under observation.

Avni was shocked.

Neil instantly said: Avni, the baby is fine. It was a premature delivery and the baby is still in the incubation period that's why the doctor suggested that. Otherwise, the baby is fine.

Avni was crying and she asked: you are saying the truth? Right?

Neil: yes, I am saying the truth. Don't you trust me?

Avni nods.

Neil: then trust me, the baby is fine.

Avni: I want to see my baby.

Neil nods. He take out his phone and showed a picture of the baby which he captured by standing outside the room and zooming the camera.

Avni got emotional to see the baby.

Avni: he, he is our son?

Avni looked at Neil who nods while smiling then they looked at the picture. Avni cried to see the picture. She had lost hope and now when her baby is in front of her eyes then she is not able to handle it. She is not able to handle her emotions.

Neil looked at her and cupped her face with one hand and smiled. Avni looked at Neil.

Neil: why are you crying, Avni? It is good news, stupid.

Avni: When we get, for we were craving for a long then we could not be able to hold back our tears. These tears are of happiness. Aaj itni khushi mili hai ke sambhale nahi sambhal rahi. It is like a dream for you.

Neil smiled.

Neil:  it is reality.

Avni looked at Neil emotionally. They saw the picture.

Neil: he looks like you.

Avni smiled while crying. Avneil looked at each other and Neil kissed Avni's forehead.

Neil: Thank you so much, Avni, for this good news.

Avni smiled with teary eyes. Neil moved back.

Avni: Neil, I want to see our baby.

Neil: Avni, I showed you the picture.

Avni shook her head.

Avni: I want to see him closely.

Neil leans to Avni and cups her face.

Neil: Avni, once you will be fine then you can go to see him.

Avni: no, I want to go now.

Neil: Avni, try to understand. You are not completely cured. You need rest even though you should not talk now it can be dangerous.

Avni was about to say.

Neil: even cell phone is not allowed here but I came in a hurry and luckily my phone is on busy mode that's why I showed you a picture otherwise, it is not allowed.

Avni cried: please, Neil.

Neil caressed Avni's hair.

Neil: Avni, please try to understand.

Avni cries and Neil could not take that.

Neil: ok, ok but I have to take permission from Doctor Prachi if she gave permission then I will take you there.

Avni: then talk to her.

Neil: Doctor Prachi is not here.

Avni cutely asked and was a little bit angry.

Avni: the hospital is yours or of Doctor Prachi?

Neil: Avniiii. Hospital is mine but she is your doctor.

Avni looked away in anger and Neil makes a face. Avni looked at Neil.

Avni: please.

Neil smiled.

Neil: if you listen to me and do as I say then I will take you there.

Avni was about to say.

Neil: but tomorrow.

Avni made a sad face.

Neil: if today you do as I say then I will take you there but only if you obey me.

Avni was looking at him sadly.

Neil: now be a good girl and have rest. I am going to see Doctor Prachi.

Avni: but you said, she is not here?

Neil was shocked. He thinks of an excuse.

Neil: ye, yeah, she was not here and what did I say? I said I am going to see Doctor Prachi. See. Hmm.

Avni looked away.

Avni: liar.

Neil smiled and shook his head. Avni looked at Neil.

Avni: Neil, our baby is fine, right?

Neil blinked his eyes and nodded. Neil leaned to Avni.

Neil: Baby is absolutely fine.

Avni's eyes filled with tears and a tear falls from Avni's eye. Neil wipes it.

Neil: now don't think much and close your eyes. Talking is not good for you so please... If not for me then for our baby take care of yourself.

Avni nods.

Avni: you both are important to me.

Neil: then be a good girl and close your eyes.

Avni nodded and closed her eyes and Neil smiled. Neil moved back. He thinks and sighs.