Chapter Two

"You like me, too?" Atsumu's grin was one of the attributes of his bubbly and egocentric personality that Kiyoomi loved most. It was all that he needed to convince himself about the feelings he honed for the blond.

Kiyoomi smiled back. "Of course I do, why wouldn't I?"

Although Kiyoomi didn't see it possible, Atsumu smiled bigger before thrusting himself forward, crushing them into a kiss.

It was short but endlessly sweet.

Kiyoomi wanted that feeling to be infinite, and he hoped it'd never have to end.

~~~

Kiyoomi quickly pulled away from Atsumu, clapping a hand over his mask-covered mouth. He looked down, tears forming in his dark brown eyes as a burning sensation erupted on the back of his right shoulder.

He knew he looked upset at the moment, but he couldn't be happier.

With his free hand, he clutched his shoulder.

"Omi? Kiyoomi, what's wrong?"

Kiyoomi looked up to meet Atsumu's face. Atsumu cupped his hands around Kiyoomi's face, trying to read his expression.

Worried?

Relieved?

Anxious?

Atsumu followed Kiyoomi's hand to his shoulder, peeling back his jacket and jersey to reveal a small phrase slowly fading from his skin.

Kiyoomi watched as Atsumu gasped, and shifted his gaze back to meet his.

"Omi... does that mean-"

All Kiyoomi could do was nod, before wrapping his arms around Atsumu.

His anxiety had been for nothing. Of course, it was Atsumu. Kiyoomi couldn't imagine anyone else in the place. And he was elated that he would never have to.

They both melted into each other's embrace as Kiyoomi buried his face into Atsumu's shoulder.

Normally, being closer than a foot to almost anyone made Kiyoomi uncomfortable. But none of that applied when Kiyoomi was around Atsumu. Around the one he loved. Around his soulmate.

No germs could ever take Atsumu away from him.

"Omi, are you crying?" Atsumu ran a hand through Kiyoomi's hair.

Kiyoomi tried to turn away to hide the tears on his face, but Atsumu stopped him and pulled his head back, pressing their foreheads together.

Kiyoomi allowed Atsumu to slowly pull his mask down, allowing him to take a shaky deep breath.

"Hey, it's okay. Breathe," Atsumu cooed, willing Kiyoomi's breaths to steady.

After a moment, Atsumu pulled away, giving Kiyoomi a few more inches of space. When Kiyoomi met his eyes, he watched as Atsumu's lips turned up in a smirk.

"Told you."

"You're disgusting," Kiyoomi sneered.

Atsumu laughed as he rolled up the sleeve of his jacket, revealing two words on his wrist, slowly fading.

You're disgusting.

Kiyoomi couldn't suppress the giggle that bubbled from his lips.

"The moment it showed up I began to assume it was gonna be you, Omi. Who else would say something like that to me?"

"That's fair," Kiyoomi shifted his gaze to the gearshift of the car, putting it in reverse. The coaches would get mad at them if they were still there by the time they exited the gym.

As soon as they had exited the gymnasium parking lot, Kiyoomi reached out a hand and placed it on top of Atsumu's thigh. In response, Atsumu took the hand in his, before taking out his phone and taking a picture of their twisted fingers.

"The hell are you doing?" Kiyoomi looked over to Atsumu for a second, watching as he furiously typed something on his phone.

"Bragging to 'Samu," Kiyoomi watched Atsumu smile out of the corner of his eye. "He owes me 20 bucks now. Oh! Can we stop at the shop before you drop me off?"

It was late, so Kiyoomi knew that not many people would be at the restaurant.

"Of course," He nodded, returning both hands to the wheel and shifting his gaze to the dark road in front of him.

~~~

Onigiri Miya was located a mere ten miles from the gymnasium in Osaka, Japan. It was open late most nights, allowing citizens going home late to stop and grab something to eat on the way home. The idea for these hours had sprouted when the volleyball practices for both Atsumu and Osamu would end late, and by the time they ended, most food stores had been closed already.

The parking lot was empty, much to Kiyoomi's satisfaction. He wouldn't have to deal with too many crowds.

The pair walked into the small shop, mouths watering at the scent that filled their noses when they entered.

"'Samu!" Atsumu called out his brother's name, hoping for an immediate response. Instead, his brother's head popped out from the hallway in the back of the shop, his arms full of plates with onigiri.

"Hey, 'Tsumu, Sakusa-Kun," The grey-haired Miya twin nodded to both of the players in the shop before setting down the trays of onigiri. The three sat down at the small circular table. Atsumu took one of the rice balls the moment he sat down, but Kiyoomi took the time to sanitize his hands before taking the food.

Kiyoomi always ate his food fast, allowing him to put his mask quickly back up again. For him, it was normal to watch people eat, so he just sat in silence as the twin next to him continued to eat the onigiri.

"Sakusa-Kun," Kiyoomi shifted his gaze to Osamu. "I have an extra batch of Onigiri that wasn't sold today, I can pack it up for you to take home if you would like?"

Kiyoomi nodded, greatly appreciating the act of kindness. He would forever be grateful to anyone who offered him food, and even though he knew the risks of sharing food, it prevented him from having to cook. Something he most definitely could not do.

Osamu stood up and disappeared again into the back hallway, but moments later returned with bags full of food. "I hope this is okay," Osamu smiled as handed the plastic backs to Kiyoomi. He gently took them and placed them in his lap, the warm containers hot against his thighs.

Kiyoomi looked over at Atsumu just as he finished the last onigiri on the plate. Wiping his hands on a napkin, Atsumu looked up at Kiyoomi and smiled. "You ready to go?"

Kiyoomi nodded and stood up, Atsumu following suit.

"Thanks for the food, 'Samu," Atsumu smiled at his twin as he and Kiyoomi walked towards the door.

Osamu grinned. "Any time. Good luck next week," He said, waving goodbye to the two.

Just as they reached the door, they stopped again at the sound of Osamu's voice. "Oh! I almost forgot!" The two turned around to meet Osamu's face once more. "Congrats!"