Chapter Eleven

Kiyoomi always made sure to add extra marshmallows to any hot chocolate, whether it was for him or anyone else.

Who could possibly drink hot cocoa without a mound of marshmallows on top?

He slowly walked from the open kitchen to the living room, where Atsumu was starting a fire in the fireplace. Its bright flames instantly filled the room with more warmth as Kiyoomi set down the two glasses on the coffee table behind him.

He sat down next to Atsumu, pulling half of the blanket over his shivering shoulders.

Maybe playing around in the snow at night wasn't the best idea the two had ever had, but that didn't matter.

Atsumu snuggled closer to Kiyoomi, picking up one of the cups on the coffee table. He brought the cup to his lips and winced when it was too hot. Kiyoomi giggled beside him as Atsumu elbowed him in the side.

"Thanks for the cocoa," Atsumu smiled, comfortably taking a sip this time.

"Mhm," Kiyoomi hummed, sliding an arm around Atsumu's shoulders. "Hey, look." Kiyoomi pointed to the draped windows on the far side of the room. A perfect view of the backyard could be seen, as the drapes had been pulled back earlier that day.

Atsumu laughed. "It looks so bad," he grinned, observing the snowman the two had previously constructed. With its plaid scarf and uneven grin, it was truly an imperfect snowman. But it was their "perfectly imperfect" snowman, as Kiyoomi heard Atsumu call it.

"I think it looks great," Kiyoomi said. "Why don't you pick a movie to watch?"

Atsumu nodded and began scrolling through movies, stopping when the two found one they agreed on.

Atsumu's eyes stayed fixated on the TV throughout the entire movie, but Kiyoomi was otherwise distracted by the blond in his arms.

He had asked himself one question multiple times since they had started dating, but Kiyoomi knew that he would ask it many more times, knowing there was no one answer.

How had he gotten so lucky as to meet someone like Atsumu Miya?

~~~

"Welcome, gentlemen," The doctor in front of them greeted. Kiyoomi and Atsumu took their seats in front of the large mahogany desk. "I hope this afternoon finds you well."

Kiyoomi thought that was an odd thing for some to say, considering the fact that Atsumu was suffering from cancer next to him. He tried to ignore it as the doctor began to talk again. Kiyoomi watched out of the corner of his eye as Atsumu began bobbing his leg up and down.

He was nervous too.

Without putting any thought into it, Kiyoomi reached over and grabbed Atsumu's hand, squeezing it tight. A reassurance that everything was going to be okay if they believed it would.

If they believed.

The doctor folded his hands on the desk in front of him. "Would you prefer good or bad news first?"

Kiyoomi felt his stomach drop. He wasn't sure if he wanted to hear either. He looked over at Atsumu who mouthed a single word in his direction.

Bad.

Kiyoomi nodded. They would just get it over with.

"Bad," Kiyoomi didn't take his eyes off of Atsumu when he spoke.

Clearing his throat, the doctor spoke again. "I regret to inform you that as of yesterday, Miya-San's cancer advanced to a stage four and terminal state."