Chapter Four

"Hey, Omi?"

Kiyoomi turned to face Atsumu, setting down the book he had been reading.

"Hmm?"

"What would you say to moving in with me?"

"Atsu, are you serious?" KIyoomi's jaw dropped at the offer.

Atsumu nodded vigorously. He had never been more serious about anything.

"Absolutely," Kiyoomi laughed, pulling Atsumu into a hug. "Let's just hope you can keep up with my cleaning regimen."

~~~

Autumn in Osaka was one of Kiyoomi's favorite times of the year.

Autumns were usually cool, with the trees changing from their normal greens to vivid reds and yellows. You could walk anywhere in the city and it would feel as if you had entered a painting.

This night, however, was particularly rainy for the season. Kiyoomi and Atsumu had been stuck inside without a volleyball practice that day. And it was highly evident which of the two was sick of it.

"Omi," Atsumu groaned from beside Kiyoomi on the couch. Atsumu had managed to make himself comfortable by flailing himself in all directions, one leg on top of the sofa, the other on Kiyoomi's shoulder, and his hands placed snugly behind his head. "I'm bored. Can we go do something?"

Kiyoomi didn't look up from the book in his hands. "Look out the window. What do you see?"

"Ugh, rain."

"There's your answer."

Atsumu groaned again, this time sitting up. "Come on, Omi. There's gotta be something."

Kiyoomi turned his head to meet Atsumu's pleading eyes.

Don't give in. Don't give in.

Atsumu continued to plead. Kiyoomi didn't want to admit that he was also sick of staying inside, so he just sighed. Grinning, Atsumu grabbed Kiyoomi's hand and placed it in his lap.

"What do you want to do?" Kiyoomi couldn't help the smile that crept up onto his face at seeing how excited Atsumu was.

Smirking, Atsumu said, "I have an idea. But you'll just have to trust me."

"Oh no," Kiyoomi whined. "Should I be scared?"

"Loosen up, Omi-Omi," Atsumu stood up, tightening his grip on Kiyoomi's hand and attempting to pull Kiyoomi up with him.

But Kiyoomi had other plans. He instead used the strength he had to pull Atsumu down on top of him and plant a kiss on his lips.

"Smooth, Omi," Atsumu smirked, kissing Kiyoomi once more before pressing himself up to a sitting position. "Let's go now," Atsumu said, eagerness strong in his voice.

"Fine," Kiyoomi put on a stoic expression as he allowed Atsumu to pull him off the couch. The two slipped on jackets and shoes, before exiting the small house and walking to the car.

They drove in silence for a while, until Kiyoomi began to bug Atsumu, curious as to where they were going.

"Where are we going, Atsu? We've been driving for an hour," Kiyoomi sighed, looking out the window. By now, they were in the countryside of Osaka, and none of the downtown city could be seen. From their house, you could faintly see some of the lights, as they lived in one of the near suburbs. But out here it was completely calm. Kiyoomi allowed himself to close his eyes for a few moments before Atsumu answered his question.

"We'll be there soon, just wait," Kiyoomi watched Atsumu smirk out of the corner of his eye.

They drove for a few minutes longer until Atsumu pulled into a paved area of the countryside. It was still raining, but the sun hadn't set just yet.

The scenery was amazing.

"Here we are," Atsumu smiled as Kiyoomi stepped out of the car. He let the drizzling rain hit his clothes and hair, dampening them both as he looked over at the skyline of Osaka. The lights of the city were prominent, and the skyline was sharp against the late afternoon sky. Kiyoomi took a deep breath, taking in the scent of the trees and rain around him.

It was a magical feeling.

Kiyoomi hadn't noticed that Atsumu had opened the trunk to put the back seats down. He walked over to the back of the car to meet a grinning Atsumu, proud of the small fort-like structure he had created inside of the car. Kiyoomi had always questioned why Atsumu kept extra blankets and pillows in the back seats of his car, and now his questions had been answered.

Atsumu set his shoes on the edge of the trunk and crawled in, situating himself in one of the corners. "What are you waiting for?"

Kiyoomi slipped off his shoes and set them on the trunk next to Atsumu's before climbing in to join the blond.

Once Kiyoomi was settled, Atsumu curled up against his chest and sighed. "You're really comfy, Omi."

Kiyoomi laughed, placing an arm around Atsumu's shoulders to pull him closer. He relaxed at the feeling of his soulmate against his chest. The two remained quiet, enjoying each other's company and taking in the view in front of him.

"I used to come up here all time with my family when I was younger," Atsumu whispered against Kiyoomi's sweatshirt. "I haven't been back in years."

"It's beautiful," Kiyoomi sighed. "I can't believe I never knew about this place."

"Looks like you just needed the right reason to go," Atsumu said. "Thank the rain for that," he giggled.

Kiyoomi smiled and looked down at Atsumu. The setting sun outside perfectly reflected off his blond hair, adding seeming streaks of red and orange. He ran a hand through Atsumu's soft hair before craning his neck to kiss the top of his head. "Thank you," he whispered.

"For what?"

"Showing me this place. I'll forever associate it with you," He laughed to himself. Atsumu shifted so that he was able to wrap both arms around Kiyoomi's waist.

Atsumu tilted his head up to kiss Kiyoomi's lips. Kiyoomi felt a blush creep up on his face. But he didn't care if Atsumu saw it.

They stayed connected in the kiss, neither with any intention of letting go.

"Love you, Omi," Atsumu's breath was warm against Kiyoomi's lips.

"Love you, Atsu'," Kiyoomi mumbled, the corners of his lips tilting up as he kissed Atsumu once more before pulling him into a tight embrace.

Kiyoomi didn't think he had ever said a sentence more true than that one.

He felt Atsumu's body relax against his again, falling asleep moments later. Kiyoomi pulled him onto his lap, hugging him closer to his body. He looked out once more at Osaka's skyline before sighing and letting himself drift off to sleep with Atsumu in his arms.